Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CineSSD Reader

Reaction score
I just bought a pre-owned i2 which came with a CineSSD Reader labelled DMAG READER. But the current one on the D1 store is labelled UG1. They look the same.
Is there a difference between the 2?

I know there is a more expensive reader being sold - over twice the price - any info on how much faster it is compared to the DMAG READER and UG1?

I am copying files from the CineSSD to an M1 Mac. The bottleneck might also be the connection. Reader cable>USB-C Adapter> Mac
TIA.
John

The thunderbolt 3 reader is significantly faster. With good/fast storage on the computer side an entire 480GB card could be transferred in under two minutes.

The thunderbolt 3 reader is significantly faster. With good/fast storage on the computer side an entire 480GB card could be transferred in under two minutes.
Thanks, It appears that there is no stock of this in Australia at all. I wonder if anyone knows where I could get one or even a pre-owned one.

The thunderbolt reader is long discontinued. They were difficult to find by 2020. And like many of the specialty items they sold for the I2 system it seems they made relatively few. Your only hope at this point is a used one. With the I3 out and pros migrating over it’s likely we’ll see some of them come up for sale with time.

The other reader (with conventional USB-3) has two versions because the first generation wasn’t reliable/compatible with the 960GB cards that they released once they stopped manufacturing the 120/240/480 cards. Both versions are equally slow relative to the TB3 reader.

For clarification, the thunderbolt version of the reader you’re describing is the UG2, no? I had done some research on this a while back after picking up my used I2. There’s no licenses on that bird, I’m wondering would they ever reduce the price for the licenses for the I2, now that the I3, seems like wishful thinking to me.

I finally got a reply from DJI. They said the TG3 is available with a long wait time. But he did say UG2 is faster than UG1 which makes me wonder if his info is reliable.

Interesting. Didn’t know the thunderbolt reader was still available. The UG2 claim is questionable because the limiting factor would be the same USB 3 interface.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu