Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cold weather?

Reaction score
Hey my fellow drone enthusiasts!

I was just wondering how cold weather is the DJI Inspire 1 able to fly in, is there any recommended limit because where I live it might get as cold as -35 Celsius.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

It is rated for 0 Celsius how ever I know many people that fly colder. Main thing to keep in mind is the colder it gets the faster batteries die... That includes your monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I've flown in temps in the mid 20'sF Got OK flight times (aprox12min) by keeping the batteries warm till ready to fly (in photo vest pockets under my outdoor coat). Batteries wore neoprene inserts and the battery carrier on the AC was enclosed in self adhesive neoprene. I kept a close eye on the battery condition and voltage. Always expected shorter flights so there was no drama about returning home. All in all, two great shoots following iceboats over frozen lakes and a few, more brave ventures over the coastline of Lake Michigan.

Software has since been updated to restrict cold weather performance so I'd say its worth testing in a safe controlled environment till you know how your bird will fly in the cold.

Haven't gone -35 before. Have gone -20 with no problems. Use a battery warmer though for sure and don't push it if you know your batteries aren't quite warm enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lily212