Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Complete Power Loss

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by JayGrisz, Oct 1, 2015.

1. JayGrisz

I was flying my inspire in ideal conditions. warm clear sunny day flying in a open field direct line of sight about 250 yards away at around 120 ft when I lost all control and power. The drone fell right out of the sky and was severely damaged. This was probably my 5th flight with it. I am incredibly thankful I was over a field and not a populated area.

DJI also kept the memory card with the video of the crash on it. I stupidly didn't download it off before sending it out.

I sent it in to DJI and they gave me a replacement unit no hassle. But I am still left with a lot of questions.

Why did this happen? How can I precent this from happening? How can I trust DJI not to drop my drone from the sky again?

2. brad90631

Was your flight that lost power using a fresh 100% charged battery when you took off?

3. turbodronepilot

Sorry you had a crash ,but happy nobody got hurt!!
    Next time use a screen recoding device so you can see what happened and have a additional video recording. .
    I never fly without one..
    maybe get a gps tracker too!!
    Better luck next time..
    turbo. ..

4. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Were you using the battery that you previously dropped?

turbodronepilot likes this.
  5. FangsCPO

Wow!! That's an interesting question to ask. "Were you using the battery that you previously dropped?" I'm curious if maybe you weren't paying attention in all the excitement and you just didn't hear the warning "Battery is low". Did you review your flight record? I wonder what the "black box" had in it that they just gave you a new unit without any hassles. I'd be wondering also...why?? I say just keep an eye on your volts throughout your flight and always fly with freshly charged or topped off batteries. Leave nothing to chance!! Good Luck!!

JayGrisz likes this.
  6. JayGrisz

The battery was fresh 100 percent and I know for a fact it wasn't the battery which I dropped 10 minutes prior. I kept that one in the car. There were no warning about low battery or anything like that. I was about 3 minutes into the flight when it fell. The only possible thing I can think of is that a new firmware came out the day before and I had yet to update it yet but I do not think that should be a reason for this crash.

What is a good app for screen recording?

DamesNY likes this.
  7. turbodronepilot

Shou for ios and android and Mobizen for android. .
    if you have a nvidia shield there's a built in screen recording device. ..

8. NeilHall

I just had the exact same thing happen to me with the Inspire 1 pro. Flying for 5 mins or so, and the power seemed to cut to all motors but the lights stayed on. Ripped of the camera and broke part of the landing gear. Its now back with DJI for repair/replacement. The odd thing was, its was a fully charged battery, and my log showed it was 53% when it dropped out of the sky. The video I was running at the time just 'stopped' and didn't record the fall so I assume power went out on the camera as well

Very odd - I don't have any answers at this point

9. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

What firmware/app versions.

10. NeilHall

Go app - 2.4.2
    FW - v1.1.0.40 (the latest at the time)

11. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Do you have the flight on your tablet?
    If so can you post the video of it up on here?
    Have the stick position graphic turned on so we can see stick movements.

12. Ferdi

I've read a few similar reports in the DJI Inspire 1 Owners Group on facebook. Very disturbing. All reported dropping out of the sky for no apparent reason. All on latest firmware with batteries re-calibrated etc. as far as I recall...

13. lake_flyer

We have a more than remote possibility we might find a perfect explanation there.

The Editor likes this.
  14. MichaelRev1412

Did anyone find out why these drones are dropping out of the sky? This happened to us last week. Drone was totaled.