Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Completely ignorant of photography....which lenses fit the Zenmuse X5 for Inspire 1

Reaction score
Hello Im hoping the general discussion forum will give some visibility for this since the Inspire 1 is seven years old or so.

I know nothing about lenses. I have an Inspire 1 with the x5 Gimbal mount thing and all I need is a lens. Ive looked online and the naming terminology is so confusing and I cannot seem to find a solid answer of what fits the drone. On the DJI FAQ they listed only 3 lens models that officially work but there seem to be many variations of the same lens model.

Firmware version: I dont know, bought it used, and didnt update it so i dont brick it because that is MY type of luck with electronics.

Applications: Agriculture, forestry, and rooftops.

Be kind if this is needs more clarification and thank you everyone!

Reactions: InspireEagle
My knowledge in this area is pretty limited, but I believe most "Micro Four-Thirds" (MFT) lenses will fit the adapter, but your main considerations are ensuring that it physically fits in the space used by the gimbal in its entire range of motion, and ensuring that it is balanced. (i.e., if it is too front-heavy it will overload or prematurely kill the small motors in the gimbal). If you want to be able to electronically focus the lens as you fly (using the controller) this limits you further.

There's a list in this thread: The latest list of compatible lenses for the X5

The info below is what I have in my notes.

List from DJI - List of lenses supported by Zenmuse X5

Prime lens:

OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12mm f/2.0 Lens (* reported sharpest, go-to)

OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO 17mm f/1.8 【requires an additional weight ring】

DJI MFT 15mm f/1.7 ASPH Prime Lens 【requires an additional weight ring】

Panasonic Lumix 15mm G Leica DGSummiluxf/1.7 ASPH Lens

Olympus 25mm/f1.8

Olympus45mm/f1.8

Zoom lens:

Olympus14-42/f3.5——opticalzoom can be adjusted by a sliding block in DJI GO app 【requires an additional weight ring】

Reactions: rovalati
The X5 does strange things with manual lenses; I would avoid them. Exif data gets messed up, causing some programs to fail importing your photos. It will refuse to record video unless you power up the camera with an electronic lens already installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElwoodLope