Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

controller help

Reaction score
for some reason I cant get my controller to connect to my app or drone. When i turn it on i just get the
D - D - D - D - D beeping with the red light also flashing.

1. battery is fully charged
2. I have swapped out and confirmed that the USB port and the ribbon cable to this are serviceable
3. This is a new controller that was bought modified for the long range antennas.
4. Bought from and modified by FDR Drone Mods, but he doesn't seem to be around anymore
5. (here is the kicker) This unit was lost in the post for over 12 months. This was found and returned to me last week. The battery was dead and i was surprised that it charged up without any problem.
6. Have tried re installing firmware using thumb stick - but doesnt seem to do anything
7. Have tried to hard reset by pressing the 2 trigger buttons, photo button and camera control wheel at same time and starting. - this does start with no beeping and the red light is now a blueish colour. But nothing seems to happen

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Do you know how to do a calibration of the remote controller? Typically the non-stop beeping indicates that the remote controller needs to be calibrated. The remote must be set as a master (not a slave) and you will find the calibration option within the GoApp. You will have to move all the sticks and dials every direction. Upon completion the beeping should stop and you could try to bind your radio to your Inspire. And you should be able to upgrade the radio firmware from the GoApp as well. If you need any more help with this, just let me know.

Michael

Reactions: SanCap
That happened to be also and the calibration fixed it. The root cause was I use stick extenders and the display mount was not lifted up when it was powered on. So the remote during self test on startup though an input controller was stuck.

Thanks guys. I do know about the calibration as this does seem to be the beeping I am getting.
However, I cannot connect to the go app to calibrate.

Thanks guys. I do know about the calibration as this does seem to be the beeping I am getting.
However, I cannot connect to the go app to calibrate.

Have you tried putting the firmware on an sd card and inserting it into the camera with the remote controller turned off?

Ok thanks, I do have another controller that connects to the aircraft fine so I know that all firmware on that side is up to date.

Reactions: SanCap
Funny finding this thread. I have bought a second controller for my Inspire for a second operator. When purchased I powered up and inspected and all was good. Fast forward 2 months (my Inspire was at DJI from April 10th thru June 9th) and I powered upto go flying with my wife as my camera woman and all I get is a blinking red light and beeping. I cannot connect to the GO app to do the calibration as I tried that. Any ideas?

Well looks like there is no solution for this other than sending back to pay DJI to repair. As previously stated, my radio is modified to take different antennas so I'm not sure they will touch it.
This is more than a little annoying

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BetseyHene