Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Copy from Inspire 2 USB port.

Reaction score
With 2 x 240GB CineSSD, I can record 30 minutes (5280 x 2970 pixels / 25fps) which does not meet my needs at all.

Since CineSSD is unreasonably expensive, I try to find another method to save from the the CineSSD.

There is a USB plug in the drone, can I directly copy what is on the CineSSD disk? Is the USB connector version 3.1 (USB-C)?

Kind regards
Bjarne E. Nielsen
Denmark

Unless you have a specific need to use the cinessd drives you going to either have to bite the bullet and get a couple more drives to expand your storage or downgrade to H264/ H265 and use SD cards until such time you can afford more SSD's.

The only other way is to get a laptop and a external hard drive and while you are using the second drive you can get the data off of the first one. This is a bit of a palaver and means you always need power for the laptop and external HD.

I know it's not much of achoice but those are the only three options

With great quality comes great expense, USB is not an option from the craft, this whole kit don’t come cheap but there is nothing like it out there, it’s all in I am afraid.

Last edited:
Yes that's true! If you couldn't afford to get more cine ssd's then you should have stayed with the basic formats and saved up until you could afford to buy more.

The I2 is the most expensive bird to own that is straight off the shelf.

The only other way is to get a laptop and a external hard drive and while you are using the second drive you can get the data off of the first one.

We tried this method and found it's difficult to guarantee the sustained data transfer rates that will keep your bird in the air as much as possible. In other words... you'll be waiting for that transfer all the time. We got 3 of the 480 CineSSDs for our 5.2k RAW needs.

When you want results at this level of quality it costs what is costs and DJI is actually pretty darned cheap. A 240G RED cartridge costs $2500!

I have found a solution that makes me save a lot of money.

My DJI Inspire 2 can record 15 minutes on a 240GB DJI CineSSD in the best quality. I have 2 pieces, but should have 8 pieces. for 2 hours recording. 8 pcs. costs DKK 34,072 (5,360 USD).

I have an old Notebook Asus N75S with USB 3, which I've upgraded with 2 x 1TB SSD, some I already had. Now I can copy 240 GB from my DJI CineSSD Station in just 16 minutes.

How to save a lot of money without any particular disadvantage.

I have found a solution that makes me save a lot of money.

My DJI Inspire 2 can record 15 minutes on a 240GB DJI CineSSD in the best quality. I have 2 pieces, but should have 8 pieces. for 2 hours recording. 8 pcs. costs DKK 34,072 (5,360 USD).

I have an old Notebook Asus N75S with USB 3, which I've upgraded with 2 x 1TB SSD, some I already had. Now I can copy 240 GB from my DJI CineSSD Station in just 16 minutes.

How to save a lot of money without any particular disadvantage.
What is this "best quality" you cite? My I2's 5.2k RAW (best quality) fills my 480G CineSSD in 15 minutes. So real-time transfer doesn't work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AldaqiqAccounting