Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Correct X5 Magnetic nut position

Reaction score
Hi

A while ago I'm sure I saw a post detailing how to work out the polarity of the magnetic nut in the top of an X5 gimbal with a compass and where it should be aligned relative to the ribbon cables.

Does anybody know what happen to the post or know the info?

I think my gimbal nut may have become demagnetized (as painful as it sounds) I used to adjust it to re-centre the camera every few months or so when it had drifted far enough off, only tiny movements needed, now its not responding as it should, I seem to have 2 choices, 30 degrees off centre or 90 degrees off centre.

Has anyone been able to get hold of a new nut?

Thanks

Hmmm.... maybe Drone Nerds in Florida. They have a well stocked repair shop. (Might be under water now though....)
Or buy a wrecked X5 on fleabay.

Thanks

Got the info from:

Manual Gimbal Adjustment (after yet another crash)

Lined up the gimbal lovely using OSMO because it was quieter and a bit quicker to reset but when I put it back on the Inspire gimbal went fast from limit to limit, seen this before and normally grab it as soon as it starts to move fast, turning Inspire off is too slow. Just wasn't expecting it this time as gimbal had been powered of and on a couple of times on OSMO with no problems, it manged to do a complete limit to limit, brake the stopper and trash the ribbon cable, online repair request filled out.

Only thing that I can think caused it, the nut north and south polarity did not seem as directly opposite each other as when I've checked them before, on the OSMO gimbal facing forwards is opposite to Inspire facing forwards perhaps they look for the different polarities to deal with this difference and with the south end not aligned Inspire threw a wobbly.

Hope my DJI re-ribbon cabled and aligned gimbal stays pointing forward for a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onaldUnino