Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CPU Overload Warning

I have no disabled hardware encoding nor disabled video caching. I use my iPad for more then just the Go Application because well - it's a multi purpose tablet as it is designed to be and according to DJI, it's a acceptable device.

Until DJI fixes the app you might want to try to disable those settings. It's clearly some bad programming causing the issues I would say.

Reactions: LevitatedMedia
Tried again today with my Ipad mini 2. I have disabled video caching and hardware encoding. I'm running the latest FW on my Inspire 1 and I'm on 3.1.13. Notably is I have only the GO and the GO 4 app installed. Other than that it's a clean iOS install. I did run a couple of batteries on my P4. Then one TB48 battery in my Inspire 1. I had no issues. Temp was 24 Celsius and partly cloudy.

You having the CPU overload issues. Do you use the devices solely for the GO app or do you have other apps as well? And did you try disable video caching and hardware encoding in the app?
I have done all of the above the only thing that seemed to help was pre cooling the iPad before the flight but that was only a bandaid and eventually it came up to temperature and started to glitch out.

Tried again today with my Ipad mini 2. I have disabled video caching and hardware encoding. I'm running the latest FW on my Inspire 1 and I'm on 3.1.13. Notably is I have only the GO and the GO 4 app installed. Other than that it's a clean iOS install. I did run a couple of batteries on my P4. Then one TB48 battery in my Inspire 1. I had no issues. Temp was 24 Celsius and partly cloudy.

You having the CPU overload issues. Do you use the devices solely for the GO app or do you have other apps as well? And did you try disable video caching and hardware encoding in the app?
The message is new "CPU overload" the older firmware was also getting prone to video lag or green screen on the Ipad. seems like you need to be running the A8 processor which would be the mini 4. I was running the Mini2 and had the video issues till I updated to a Mini 4. I only have the 16 gig version and bought a refurb as I only use it for the DJI. So far I have had no more issues since the newer mini 4 has been in use. The new GO apps are process hogs.

The message is new "CPU overload" the older firmware was also getting prone to video lag or green screen on the Ipad. seems like you need to be running the A8 processor which would be the mini 4. I was running the Mini2 and had the video issues till I updated to a Mini 4. I only have the 16 gig version and bought a refurb as I only use it for the DJI. So far I have had no more issues since the newer mini 4 has been in use. The new GO apps are process hogs.
My setup did not work with iPad mini 4's either fortunately I explained the situation to Best Buy before I purchased and they had no problem with me returning them if they did not work.

I started having this issue and CPU IPad warning lately also flying my Mavic Pro. When it happens my live video feed gets jumpy.

I turned off all the settings etc etc nothing worked 100%. I really noticed it was my brand new IPad mini 4 cellular getting hot then the issues started.

I tried using a cool pack on back of IPad and all the issues stopped 100%. Remove the pack 10 minutes later it gets hot and issues start up again. I guess it's the 90 plus degree temps here causing my iPad issue.

I started having this issue and CPU IPad warning lately also flying my Mavic Pro. When it happens my live video feed gets jumpy.

I turned off all the settings etc etc nothing worked 100%. I really noticed it was my brand new IPad mini 4 cellular getting hot then the issues started.

I tried using a cool pack on back of IPad and all the issues stopped 100%. Remove the pack 10 minutes later it gets hot and issues start up again. I guess it's the 90 plus degree temps here causing my iPad issue.

Ya man it's an ongoing problem. Let me know how you attached the cool pack on the back of the ipad if you can...how long does the pack last at what outside temp?

I really don't have a great cool pack system just a cold pack wrapped in a towel behind IPad for my testing. I mainly just started testing ideas/settings to try to solve the issue of jumpy/lagging video and CPU warnings popping up the last two weeks. I flew today had the same above listed issues first two flights. Then I went to cool pack again no problems after that period. Im sold the problem is my IPad mini 4 getting warm/hot.

Maybe a weakness in the mini 4 design having a heat issue which sucks mine is brand new a 128 celluar model cost me 500 bucks. I may try my wife's standard IPad see if it fairs any better in this summer time heat.

I really don't have a great cool pack system just a cold pack wrapped in a towel behind IPad for my testing. I mainly just started testing ideas/settings to try to solve the issue of jumpy/lagging video and CPU warnings popping up the last two weeks. I flew today had the same above listed issues first two flights. Then I went to cool pack again no problems after that period. Im sold the problem is my IPad mini 4 getting warm/hot.

Maybe a weakness in the mini 4 design having a heat issue which sucks mine is brand new a 128 celluar model cost me 500 bucks. I may try my wife's standard IPad see if it fairs any better in this summer time heat.

I totally hear ya, same situation. Bought a brand new ipad mini 4 w/ cellular as well. Was fine until subjected to Texas summer heat. I'm just trying to suck it up and wait for the CrystalSky Ultra Bright monitor....but I'm getting closer to just going with the High Bright that I had ordered but canceled to wait for the Ultra. Seems like its gonna be a while still. But then again the end of summer isn't too far off.

I was hoping you or someone else had a good way to attach cool packs. Right now I'm running back to my car and throwing it over the dash vent AC to cool. I was throwing it on a cool pack after it overheats but it takes longer to cool.

I guess we need beer coolers for our IPad Mini's. Only a matter of time before we see 3 D printed ones for sale on eBay now :)

The good thing is I'm pretty certain it's not a drone or firmware issue. Now the best fix is for fall to get here and shut down the 90-100 degree temps and high humidity!

I live in Canada and no issue with my iPad Mini 4 cellular. I got a Mavic Pro and a Inspire 1 V2.0

A bit late to this show but set your video channel to manual and select what ever channel is the best then lower the speed of the image transmission. Dji has the image transmission maxed out when it's on auto plus their app is set up to run the newer faster processors apple has, which is still to much for the new stuff. I haven't had any problems with my mini 4 since I started using manual channel and setting it down to 6 or 8 mbps on the image transmission.

European Union. If going to that page the custom option is grayed out over here. I think it has to do with CEE vs FCC ( I hope I got those abbreviations correctly)

I think I will raise an request for enhancement to have at least the transmission rate to be altered..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stonecentreaus