Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystal sky Ultra Bright overheating

Reaction score
Setting up new Cendence RC and after about 20 minutes we received an overheating warning on the 7.5" Ultra Bright, crystal sky and it was indeed very, very hot. We are in Yuma AZ and were sitting in the shade of the garage, temp was about 72 so not hot. Will try it with the 5.5" Crystal sky today to see if that too has a problem. The 5.5 has not been updated to the latest firmware so it will be an OK test to see if the firmware may be the culprit. Also will test it in the sun today just to know what it will do at 80ºf or more. Whatever the case, this is a not so terrific development that will hopefully be solved quickly with another firmware update.

Anyone else run into this with the Ultra Bright CS? I saw a thread where there was the same problem with the CS 5.5 after the firmware update.

Thanks...Jim & Kelly Watt

We saw that same thread and were hoping it was an isolated instance to that smaller monitor. We use them out in the hot FL sun with no problem and have clients in many other hot areas both in the US and outside the US. Firmware is an interesting thing to have to deal with. I'm guessing you have already tried the factory reset / refresh option?

By leaving the smaller one on the older firmware, does it still work OK?

Sorry you are having trouble...let me know if I can help.

I'm also having the overheating issue, just got mine and stupidly updated it to the newest version of the firmware before checking if there were issues.

Setting up new Cendence RC and after about 20 minutes we received an overheating warning on the 7.5" Ultra Bright, crystal sky and it was indeed very, very hot. We are in Yuma AZ and were sitting in the shade of the garage, temp was about 72 so not hot. Will try it with the 5.5" Crystal sky today to see if that too has a problem. The 5.5 has not been updated to the latest firmware so it will be an OK test to see if the firmware may be the culprit. Also will test it in the sun today just to know what it will do at 80ºf or more. Whatever the case, this is a not so terrific development that will hopefully be solved quickly with another firmware update.

Anyone else run into this with the Ultra Bright CS? I saw a thread where there was the same problem with the CS 5.5 after the firmware update.

Thanks...Jim & Kelly Watt

Had a chance to fly yesterday with the Crystal Sky Ultrabright. Temperature was in the high 70’s. We flew 1 full battery on the Crystal Sky and shortly after we changed batteries received the overheating warning on the CS. We used a thermal temp gun and the screen was getting to about 115ºf and the back was about 95-98ºf.

Switched to the 5.5 monitor, but only made one more flight. Will try resetting to factory defaults and see if that has any affect on the elevated temperatures.

Hey guys, was wondering if you by chance had this issue resolved by any means. I am having the same issue with the overheating warning come up around 20-30 mins of use. It’s the 7.5 and current update. Thanks in advance for feedback

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour