Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dear DJI

Status
Not open for further replies.
All it takes is to read through the questions being asked, and it's a wonder more of them aren't crashing....

But according to DJI and I quote............"DJI’s most advanced technology comes together in an easy to use, all-in-one
flying platform that empowers you to create the unforgettable. Easy to use.......all in one flying platform. Thats what most beginners see... "Easy To Use"

I don't know one Inspire that has been found to be "Defective" from the the guys I personally know that have them. I do have information from a dealer that has also had very few issues with the Inspires they've sold. I see tons of posts from people that are tickled pink with their purchases. I do see a few of the same people bitching on every board and over posting on this one, claiming more absurd statements that you don't seem to have an issue with.... The only issue I do have with DJI is they and everyone who has been reviewing their Quads on a non pro level try to indicate that it's easy and anyone can be flying them in a few hours.... While that is possible, we all know there is a lot more involved than that. I wouldn't expect that a first time user would put 3K up without starting smaller, but that doesn't seem to be the case. All it takes is to read through the questions being asked, and it's a wonder more of them aren't crashing....

I fully agree... This type of craft should be marketed as a intermediate craft.

Last edited:
But according to DJI and I quote............"DJI’s most advanced technology comes together in an easy to use, all-in-one
flying platform that empowers you to create the unforgettable. Easy to use.......all in one flying platform. Thats what most beginners see... "Easy To Use"

Yes it is easy to use. It is not advertised as a beginner platform and I among others have recommended that beginners find a better platform to learn how to fly. I spoke to several people that had just purchased an Inspire. I asked them what MR experience and the answer was none. I tried to council them but in the end it is up to them. I cannot hold their hand.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6365-1355938751-11.gif

Hey Blade Strike...ONLY 'A few that have craft issues"? Really? I just want on the DJI site and counted 14 people ALONE that had their Quad loose GPS and then require that signal after going into ATTI mode. Another 10 that had significant crashes. Seems like an epidemic to me. NO SW/FW ISSUES eh?

Hey Blade Strike...ONLY 'A few that have craft issues"? Really? I just want on the DJI site and counted 14 people ALONE that had their Quad loose GPS and then require that signal after going into ATTI mode. Another 10 that had significant crashes. Seems like an epidemic to me. NO SW/FW ISSUES eh?

Hey Airwolf

Well instead of counting you should read about the issues at hand. They're not losing GPS signal. Gps is being disabled by the fc do to bad compass data. If the fc receives bad data from the ompass it disables gps mode until valid data is received.

Does this future need work? In my opinion yes and I have been assured that they are working on it.

Semantics. It's a bug and a nasty one that causes loss of control, thats the bottom line.I think most people would take all of these issues with a BIG grain of salt IF DJI came correct and issued statements that at least tried to address the various issues (and as you know there are MANY of them). I have been going back and forth with DJI Tech.support on my PT2V. They FINALLY are taking it back for upgrade/repair. The big issues are lack of communication with DJI. The people here are smart, they got lots of money invested in these things and they want and deserve answers. I want one, but there is no way I'm jumping in until I see some proactive response from DJI. You and Ed are great and feel sorry that you have to feel the brunt of all of this, but thats your chosen path. Get them to fix the Apple issues first and foremost, I think that might calm the waters a bit!

Reactions: SVidz
Guys this banter is wasted breath.

If you want results from DJI, start a social media campaign. Gather disgruntled / affected customers and execute a coordinated campaign to raise awareness on every social platform they care about or have a presence and be organized about it. Raise it to the level where they can't ignore you and are facing down the barrel of a business-impacting problem that they either solve ASAP or take the public facing and monetary hit with withering sales from scared-off potential customers.

We did this with the "Drunken Sparrow" [1] media campaign to get DJI to finally admit they had a problem with flying a straight line with the Phantom 2 product and with hundreds of participants, blasted any place DJI or their customers were posting or watching and FINALLY after several months, got a fix.

Don't get mad. Get organized, work together and get results.

My 2c.

- Potential buyer sitting on the sidelines wondering if I should buy an Inspire after the issues I now see......

[1] Drunken Sparrow DJI media campaign home thread: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16598

Last edited:
Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Many companies underestimate the value of good communication.... DJI could benefit tremendously from improving this segment of their business..... For example.... 14 people having GPS issues... If they sold 100 units, that would be a big deal.... If they sold 10,000 units... Not so much. Same with the prop issue.... If the problem rate is 1 or 2 percent then it's not out of the ordinary for any new product release. It would certainly only help DJI if there was better communication on these and other issues they are addressing....

That is why I am here and answering your questions. Some of you do not like the answers or the fact we do not have an immediate solution. Please note that we are actively addressing all the issues brought up on the forums. We have R&D working on them as they appear. The percentage of users that are experiencing issues is small but we take them all very seriously. That is why the prop locks were introduced even though there was less than 5 instances reported. Hang in there. New tech has teething pains. Even though we had over 200 units out for beta testing that does not equate to the thousands that have shipped to date. I apologize for the inconvenience that some of you are experiencing.

Guys i am realy confused ... My inspire came right on time , my batteries ok are late but they are confirmed shiped and will arrive on Friday.. i even have a tracking number together with the problocks .... ok i am pissed about the ios software but i am flying it with the ver 0.9.2 fine ... and i live In a small Greek Med Island ....

Guys i am realy confused ... My inspire came right on time , my batteries ok are late but they are confirmed shiped and will arrive on Friday.. i even have a tracking number together with the problocks .... ok i am pissed about the ios software but i am flying it with the ver 0.9.2 fine ... and i live In a small Greek Med Island ....

Na to prosexis, iparxoun sovara themata me to ergalio. Prosopika to diko mou to polisa se enana athineo molis katalava oti to prion ine olla ektos apo afto pou plasarane, diapistosa ilektronika provlimata sta esoterika kiklomata. Emm....ti na poume afou ine kataskevasmena stin kina.

Just my two cents: :rolleyes:

I understand the Inspire 1 is not a beginner's aircraft. Crashing it can be an expensive way to learn how to fly. However, I must say as a beginner, who has taken it slow and easy, it is a great platform (albeit an expensive one) to learn to fly with. For example, I think the stability of the aircraft is what makes it good for a beginner. That stability helps instill confidence.

Granted, with less than 90 minutes of flight time logged in my first week (no crashes), I'm not in much of a position to give advice. My experience as a beginner with the Inspire 1 has been extremely gratifying. Read--don't skim, but really read--the manual (which goes against most men's personal ethics, 'We don't need no stinkin' manuals.'). Take slow, easy, small steps. Any beginner who tries to show off will more than likely regret it.

Ed or Blade........Have either of you heard any new rumblings on iOS?

We are down here in Belize for a week and yesterday I spied not one but two Inspires flying near the resort we are staying

Na to prosexis, iparxoun sovara themata me to ergalio. Prosopika to diko mou to polisa se enana athineo molis katalava oti to prion ine olla ektos apo afto pou plasarane, diapistosa ilektronika provlimata sta esoterika kiklomata. Emm....ti na poume afou ine kataskevasmena stin kina.

What language is that? o_O

Ed or Blade........Have either of you heard any new rumblings on iOS?

We are down here in Belize for a week and yesterday I spied not one but two Inspires flying near the resort we are staying

We have heard nothing.

@ Nick. I received an email back from DJI and they have requested proof of purchase. Once they have received that we will be able to proceed with the appropriate solution to your issues.

Ed.... It has been very windy here! 25 gusting to 35... Then possible Rain/Snow for the weekend!
Can you contact DJI and see what they intend to do about this?
I'm sure this weather issue thing has been effecting more than just me!
Doesn't happen all the time, and seems to be unpredictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylebrown77