Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI firmware 30m restriction.. Are they fixing it?

You log in at home before you set out to fly!
Duh!
Duhhh, I guess you have not dealt with DJI very much.. That did not work .. When you get to the site and try to fly, It wants you to log in again... So unless you have been there and done that.. go Duh your self.

Reactions: Rotofoto
The Go app should not log you out once you have logged in, you need to be online to initially log in and you can no longer use the current Go app by not being logged it.

When you open DJI Go and your not logged in you will see this

2642e50abe380c928ef626380986b0da.jpg

You will require an internet connection to log in but once you have done that it's not required again.

If you can get the landing screen like this

54721b344264582a220c3e0fa21e4194.jpg

Then your logged in and able to fly, it will remain logged in regardless of an internet connection or not, closing the app, rebooting the phone will not change this, you will only be logged out if you

A: log out your self

B: delete the App and download it again.

In rare cases I have been booed out after updating the app but that is rare unless DJI state it will happen specifically like they did before.

Some people are experiencing issues with this new "feature" with older craft, this is partly due to mismatch app and firmware being used and partly actual issues.

The basic of this is DJI added the new restriction that when you fly with out a smart device connected so DJI Go is not connected or your not logged in to your DJI account it restrict the craft to 30M high and 50M Distance BUT as soon as you connect your device with DJI Go/Go 4 logged in this restriction is lifted for that entire time until you reboot the craft regardless if the device remains connected or not.

This is a combination of firmware and app and was added to

DJI Go 4 V 4.1.0 Onwards

DJI GO 3.1.12 Onwards

Craft Firmware version

Mavic Pro FW v01.03.0800
Phantom 3 FW v1.11.20
Phantom 4 FW v02.00.0106
Phantom 4 Pro fw 01.04.0602
Phantom 4 Ad FW v01.00.0128
Inspire 1 FW v01.11.01.50.
Inspire 2 FW V01.01.0010

Basically If your using DJI GO 4 V 4.1.0 or DJI GO v3.1.12 onwards you should be on the above craft firmware version or later and this feature should then work as expected, if you mix and match and try to use the later app with firmware earlier than above or an older app with the firmware above these then you could get odd behaviour.

If you are getting this and are logged in and on the correct fw and app then the sequence to get passed it seems to be to reboot controller and app then connect to craft again.

Duhhh, I guess you have not dealt with DJI very much.. That did not work .. When you get to the site and try to fly, It wants you to log in again... So unless you have been there and done that.. go Duh your self.
Ok Mr. Nastypants!
I fly my Inspire all the time and apart from the first time logging in when they i
Then you havent done it right! Most people here have had no issues as you can clearly see! The key is to log on at home with internet first!
Duh to you too then!

Mad Angler; Thank you for a very compressive explanation ... I only hope I don't have issues when i go to fly... I am printing out your instructions , It was far more informative them The DUHHH- STER White Airwolf.. We need more like you on the site.. Thanks..

Reactions: Mad_angler1
Mad Angler; Thank you for a very compressive explanation ... I only hope I don't have issues when i go to fly... I am printing out your instructions , It was far more informative them The DUHHH- STER White Airwolf.. We need more like you on the site.. Thanks..
Wow, I was trying to be helpful and you took it as an affront!
Relax guy!

No where needs more like me, one is bad enough ;)

but your more than welcome and thanks for the kind comments [emoji3]

Reactions: RMartin
Go to your DJI Go app and double check you have beginner/restricted mode turned off so you can fly outside the limits! Also check you've got your own max height and distance values set. Worth doing because sometimes installing a newer version of dji go seems to randomly change settings!

If you have got beginner mode restrctions turned off and you still have a problem:

Shut down the aircraft and RC, sign out of your DJI account on your tablet.
Delete the app from the tablet, reboot the tablet.
Now go back to the tablet app store and download dji go again.
Start DJI Go and, if it doesn't prompt you to sign in automatically, then go to the Me page (it's on the bottom of the Go Fly screen that shows the aircraft picture near to the skypixel/editor section) and Sign in to you dji account with your ID and password.
Now check that you have the beginner mode restrictions turned off, and that you've set your own max height and distance.

FWIW, I fly with both an I2 and a P4 and haven't had any flight height/distance restriction issues on either aircraft since they made the change a month or two back. If you use mutliple tablets/phones, then make sure all of the dji go devices are logged in too - you don't have to log out of one to log in to another.

Hope that helps!
I don't even see a 'beginner mode' anywhere in my menu.... where is it?

It's late and I don't have everything to hand, but from memory it should be on the first page of the Go 4 Main Controller settings (the cloverleaf icon). Not sure, it might could be 'Enable multiple flight modes' on the I2 and 'Beginner mode' on the Phantom series, it's kind of one of those settings you change once and never touch afterwards until DJI Go 4 mucks about with it ;) :D

Ha! I'll look when my iPad restarts. On the I2 I know there is the 'Enable Multiple Flight Modes' which to toggled both on and off to no avail.
DJI = 'Doing Junk Incoherently'
Thanks again

Update: Following both NickU's and Advexure's advice, I deleted the app completely from my iPad and reinstalled it last night. It was too late to try a flight then, but I just took it out this morning, and all is good! Many thanks to Advexure for coming through last night to help out with this, these guys rock. Interesting side note, I was going to try my 5" CS just to see if it was a platform issue but there was a firmware update which I did. When I went to connect it to my radio, I got a warning of incompatible versions or something like that, and it wanted me to connect the CS directly to the I2. I didn't want to further muck things up until I tested the iPad again, so I didn't do that.... BUT, playing with the CS after the firmware update and now the over exposure warning is back! I was really hoping DJI would return that in a firmware update, and it appears that's exactly what they did. Now the CS is perfect, although I'll wait for the larger one for my I2. My eyes are not what they used to be! ;)

Reactions: NickU
Was getting this error even in a perfectly fine zone. Dji was a joke trying to resolve and said send email to flysafe... and they said reboot, reinstall etc... same old as support

Rolled back go app eliminating this signin altogether.

Are you guys having this issue using an iPad by any chance? I am and found the problem is when you power down the bird and close the Go APP, on iPad, it doesn't really close, it's placed in the background. Then when you power Inspire back up and 'start' Go app again (you're not really restarting it on iPad, you're really re-focusing it) I would get this problem.

My solution was to close the app, then hold the home button to bring up the running apps screen and swipe Go app away to REALLY close it. Then re-launch it and it seems to work fine, until you power off again etc.. but then I just do the same thing. I guess for iPad the Go app just needs an Exit button instead of having to use Home button to close it.

That didn't work for me, I tried it. But once I deleted the app and reinstalled it, no problems!

Not working for some of us boss. Problem is still there no matter how many times you log in and out or how many times the app is deleted and re installed. To combat the problem is start the app last in the start up sequence and to close and restart the app everytime battery is changed or powered off. App must be the last thing turned on in the sequence or you'll get limited.

Just had another round of 30m height restrictions whilst operating 3 miles out at sea and this time the trick of closing down the DJI Go app and restarting it didn't clear the problem.

As the vessel we were operating off had drifted out of range we were left in a position where with the I1 was unable to return to the deck! For a while it seemed like ditching at sea and losing the I1 was on the cards.

Fortunately the captain was able to manoeuvre and position the vessel back inside the 50m circle so we could land the I1.

This issue is getting serious for me as it is now preventing me from using the I1 for commercial work for fear of either loss of faith from my customers or, even worse, a serious incident resulting from restricted control over the craft.

Come on DJI, please stop messing around with your new Spark toy and get this serious safety issue resolved soon....

That does NOT work
Even got an email from DJI and their Instruction was to 're boot app and 're install firmware which I've done to no avail.
second that , does not work on m600 either still launch , get restricted , land and relaunch . some time 3 times , another dji fkkknnn joke

Disturbing.... I was okay for several relaunches after I reinstalled the app. But now I'm worried it might reappear on a shoot next week! Crossing my fingers....

Just to confirm you guys who are having this issue are on the latest draft firmware with latest app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP