Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI GO is a no go for iOS 11

I suspect the problem could be the latest DJI Go4 app V 4.1.11.

I have been running iOS 10 on a 9.7 iPad Pro with my Inspire 2 without any real issues until I upgraded to 4.1.11 of the Go4 app yesterday. Now the app crashes as soon as I take a still photograph, crashes about every 1-2 minutes regardless of what I am doing and loses video signal at around 100m distance!

This has rendered my Inspire 2 totally useless!

I hope o god that DJI fix this faster than they are fixing the 30/50m restriction on the Inspire 1!

Updated my iPad Air 2 to iOS 11, had to restart the app after every single picture. Finished the job took twice the time... Ugh..

I always hold off a month or so on iOS updates for this very reason. I do the same with firmware updates.

I have had transmission problems on my iPad Air since firmware upgrades with both inspire 1 pro and phantom 3 pro. No change since ios11, still flickering, cutting out and green bars. More error messages about cpu, battery etc. However on my iPhone 6plus (ios11) all is fairly normal.

i have tried to use latest DJI Go app with Inspire 1 v2 with my ipad mini 2 ios 11 and it is shockingly unusable, even with hardware decode on etc.. and also all the apps turned off, the video feed is so chopping i am afraid to use this anymore, however i have since used my Samsung S6 and works fine.

While not officially supported yet.. I'm having no problems with iOS 11. Pleas make sure you have the correct permissions set.. Crashing after taking a photo sounds like the app needs to be removed, ios device rebooted and then reinstall.

I've tested ios11 on i2, p4p, mavic, m600 and sparky. Devices used during test are mini4 , air, air2 and pro 9.7

Latest firmware, latest ios11 , iPad mini 4.
Two flights only had one cpu over stretched warning.
Flew out over the water at 200ft to an island 5000 foot out, never dropped once, 2.4 selected on that flight.
Ios11 fine on my spark and phantom also.

An exercise in frustration. OMG! Inspire 2 w/ X5S, iPad mini 4, DJI Go 4 app (latest version), iOS 11 just installed. No Go! After many, many attempts. No matter what I try.

RC light green, AC light flashing green, RC not connected(lower left), DISCONNECTED(at top). Everything seems to be working except there is no connection(app not seeing the AC). Sometimes it thinks I have a Phantom 4 and goes further and starts to verify the firmware version et cetera... but even then NO GO!! Anyone else experiencing this PITA?? Where are the solutions? Where can I find DJI TROUBLESHOOTING HELP?

Anyone interested in buying a kit? Reading about everyone’s problems here makes me want to sell everything. Why does this have to be so freaking no difficult? Almost ready to toss in the hat with this bs.

My issues have been cured by deleting and reinstalling the DGI Go4 app .... [emoji3]

Thanks for the reply, but that has been tried and it does not change anything. When I installed iOS 11 on the iPad mini 4’s, I restored and erased all the data on the iPad’s. I reinstalled all necessary apps before initiating the AC/RC/DJI Go4 App process. Still no go! The DJI app does not see anything. I am logged on, it knows who I am, the RC sees the AC, the AC sees the RC, but the App is a dead duck. Boy, I really regret updating the iPad’s OS. And DJI offers nothing to help us. No info, no troubleshooting steps. I’ve tried everything I can think of to get this working. This really stinks. Anyone have ANY ideas? Much thanks. RT

Is there anything like iPad system settings beyond the obvious things that would prevent the DJI APP from not working properly? Something weird like iCloud or Siri? I’ve allowed all the necessary and normal setting as one would, but still a NO GO!! Dead Duck. It really should not be this difficult. It makes me want to get rid of this system altogether I’m sad to say. Bummer.

I appreciate that it isn't much help, but I can report that my iPad Mini 4 is working just fine with iOS 11.0.2 and the current Go 4 app.

Just as a wild possibility, check you can transfer data over the cable you are using by connecting it to iTunes on your computer...

I appreciate that it isn't much help, but I can report that my iPad Mini 4 is working just fine with iOS 11.0.2 and the current Go 4 app.

Just as a wild possibility, check you can transfer data over the cable you are using by connecting it to iTunes on your computer...
Interesting Mr. Taylor. I have an iPad mini 4, the Inspire 2, the latest version of the DJI Go 4 App, and I’ve tried a couple of different USB cables with ZERO success. The App does not see the AC. I wonder what you are doing differently? What is your procedure at start up?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour