Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI GO4 app keep crashing . Anyone else?

Reaction score
maybe this topic is already ongoing but didn't see. 3 iPads today had the DJI GO4 app keep crashing. had to use my samsung tab s and worked fine on the inspire 2. is anyone else having this issue?
Thanks

It seems to only crash for me whenever I am taking photos. After couple photos it freezes then crashes. Haven't had it crash yet while filming video. Using iPad Air 2

Haven't had it crash, but got burnt by Go last week on account of failing to recall that you now need to sign in before you can fly. My iPad lacks cellular, and I normally use my iPhone as my display (because truth be told, the iPhone has a better display than the iPad, although it is smaller), but one day last week, I had a conference call at the same time I needed to shoot, so I thought I would use my iPad. Got ready to fly and wasn't signed in. Oops. Shockingly, you can actually use Go while on the phone. Ask me how I know.

There was an update of Apple's IOS as of Dec 5th, 2017 -> 11.2
Give it a try.
I am running iPad Pro 10.5 and GO4 4.1.18 - no issues with this combination.

Reactions: Tom Dillon
Go4 on my Ipad Mini 2 became useless and I could not use it at all. Used my Iphone 6 Plus and it had no issues at all.

hmmm... I installed the new 11.2 for the iPad today and the screen is unresponsive at times in GO 4.1.18. Lots of Disconnects. Autopilot also won't run either countdown like it is going to work, but nothing moves.

Will try to reinstall GO 41.18 and pray. That or blame the new iOS 11.2.

More **** issues....

Hmmm, I was just getting ready to install 11.2 on my Air 2, I may hold off a bit LOL.

Hmmm, I was just getting ready to install 11.2 on my Air 2, I may hold off a bit LOL.

Yeah, better wait a bit. I went to the Apple Store tonight and it takes week to get an appointment to roll back or restore as it only takes them 5-10 minutes and it took me hours along with some new and annoying Apple Pay thing that has messed up between it and the bank now where that used to work too. Apple girl said to expect 12.2.1 soon, maybe in a week.

Really annoys me that both GO 4 acted screwy, and Autopilot would not run a mission. The video was broken up in chunks as the red button was hesitant to work normally,plus some video recorded even though GO 4 was restarting from showing Disconnected. So the apps are out and it has to be 11.2 causing it maybe - and this is occurring on my Air 2 as well as the new Pro 10.5" A10X as I updated both to 11.2. Girl said I need to make two appointments for the refresh with two devices as Apple times them per job. Ugh.

1) Clear the cache in the app 2) make sure you have free space on the device... delete any unnecessary apps , photos, videos etc to free up space on the device... devices seem to act weird/slow down when there’s not much space available...

I don't think that this particular issue was caused by free space or unnecessary apps, the iPad I use has only 2 apps installed beyond the default, DJI Go 4 and Can I Fly There which is the Australian regulatory app.

Ugh! Now GO 4.18 isn't saving my settings with this iOS 11.2 either. Imperial is switching back to Metric. All my EXP settings are not being saved. My battery is defaulting to 1 Day instead of 10 Days. Cannot name the aircraft either nor can I set the altitude numbers as they all go back to zero.

Something is askew now. Need to find out how to reload 11.2 as I've reloaded GO 4.18 and the savings part still isn't working. I tried the Apple reinstall and it isn't working either off Windows 10 into the iPad. Keeps telling me to turn off "Find my iPad" which I have, but it keeps popping up that Apple error. I made a backup as it said to do before refreshing, but it wiped out my prior backup instead of allowing multiple backups to drop back to (Sounds like DJI reinstall or refresh, i.e. "You can't roll back anymore Skippy!") so my choice is to reinstall the same crap setup I have now.

I also put in a query to Hangar Autopilot as to why it refuses to start a mission after it count-downs to start one.

Grounded.

Haven't had it crash, but got burnt by Go last week on account of failing to recall that you now need to sign in before you can fly. My iPad lacks cellular, and I normally use my iPhone as my display (because truth be told, the iPhone has a better display than the iPad, although it is smaller), but one day last week, I had a conference call at the same time I needed to shoot, so I thought I would use my iPad. Got ready to fly and wasn't signed in. Oops. Shockingly, you can actually use Go while on the phone. Ask me how I know.

OMG is this true?
You have to be online before the DJI Go App will start?
The DJO Go App will not run on our tablets when we are at a remote location without Cellular coverage?

No more aerial films in the Congo or at sea, I guess !

Go4 on my Ipad Mini 2 became useless and I could not use it at all. Used my Iphone 6 Plus and it had no issues at all.
Same here! IPad mini 2 was constantly crashing so I used my iPhone 7 Plus and NO crashes

Same here! IPad mini 2 was constantly crashing so I used my iPhone 7 Plus and NO crashes

It won't run on an IPad Mini v2, there is not enough RAM (512 MB) only on v3 (2 GB RAM) or v4 (4 GB RAM).
Similarly it won't run on any Android phone with less than 1 GB RAM.

There's a few guides here if anyone's buying a new tablet:

Minimum requirements for the DJI app
The Best Tablets For DJI Spark, Mavic and Phantom - UnlimiteDrone

The tablet I'm using cost only 65 Euros and is the Huawei MediaPad 7.
The processor is a bit slow for the app, start up of the app takes 30 seconds, but runs OK.

It won't run on an IPad Mini v2, there is not enough RAM (512 MB) only on v3 (2 GB RAM) or v4 (4 GB RAM).
Similarly it won't run on any Android phone with less than 1 GB RAM.

There's a few guides here if anyone's buying a new tablet:

Minimum requirements for the DJI app
The Best Tablets For DJI Spark, Mavic and Phantom - UnlimiteDrone

The tablet I'm using cost only 65 Euros and is the Huawei MediaPad 7.
The processor is a bit slow for the app, start up of the app takes 30 seconds, but runs OK.
I was actually using my Ipad Mini 2 fine for over a year with my Phantom 4 and then it was working fine for Go4 with my I2. Then, one day, it just stopped working. Go4 loads fine and I can fly for maybe a minute and it shuts down, but not completely as it still shows as being open in the background but when I click on it it initializes again. Then I might get 30 seconds and it closes. The Mini 2 worked fine first so I can't recall if it might have been an update causing the issues with the Mini? As mentioned, the Iphone 6 works fine and now the CrystalSky (although I've only had the chance to use this on one occasion).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu