Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire 1 V1 or DJI Mini 3??

Reaction score
I have an Inspire 1 V1 that is missing the Zenmuse X3 and camera. The Inspire is in excellent flying condition other than the missing gimbal/camera and is ready to fly.
I also have a Mini 3 with the display remote.
Comparing the 2 drones, is it even worthwhile to try to find a good Zenmuse X3 and camera, since the Mini appears more capable in just about every way other than the WOW factor?
What would YOU do? Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks!!!

My Inspre 1 V1 was great if you needed to lift a payload however, if your just doing video photo stick with the Mini 3-4 series they work great and are very capable. They main issue is they dont like wind. The other issue with the old I1 is batteries unless you want to coble some 3rd party batteries and risk a fire. The X3 is not very good . I would break it apart for part and sell.

I have noticed the Mini 4 has better stability then the Mini 3 .

Yes I know that BUT it is not an answer to my question and I already have the Mini 3
Thanks

I would not waste time. I owned the X3 and Z3 on my Inspire 1 and would dump it rather then repair. The only advantage I can think of is payload (and wind resistance)

Thanks. That's pretty much the same thoughts I had too. I don't need the lifting capacity and the Mini 3 is way so much tinier and quieter and yet the video quality and stabilization are excellent.

Your welcome. I did not want to sell mine when I got my Inspire 2 however,best choice. I use the Matrice 210 and Mini 4 and M3P now.

Your welcome. I did not want to sell mine when I got my Inspire 2 however,best choice. I use the Matrice 210 and Mini 4 and M3P now.
Sometimes we have to make the tough decisions. I kept on fighting with myself over how awesome the Inspire is but when it comes right down to which one I want to use most often, my Mini 3 wins every time.

I totally hear ya. I have the Matrice incase i need termal and 30x zoom however , I use the mini all the time soon it will be on the small drones

I totally hear ya. I have the Matrice incase i need termal and 30x zoom however , I use the mini all the time soon it will be on the small drones
IronSky1: On your Matrice 210, is the preferred payload the XT and the Z30 for most inspection jobs?

Appears to be I have the XT2 . Ihave been using thermal for about 7 years (Parrot MavicE and now 210) however, my eye sight has degraded being that I am almost 79. If I need something done (critical) I hire a pilot. I keep rotating the gear every couple years to keep value up. I have been creating a series of accessory mounts for the Matrice 200/210 over the past year thats why I have the 210 with all accessories for flight testing. I like it since it reminds me of my Inspire 2.

I used the thermal to inpect our HOA roofs as a service and found the the contractor did not put any insulation between the roof joyce all the heat has been escaping and the contractor is out of business. (aftertought). Also work nice for finding wildlife in area I live.

If your planning on doing inspection the 210 with XT2 and Z30 are great choices from a performance and value . I have about 5k in mine.
I could not touch that for less then 10k with new models. I also try to buy what is being just at off the cutting edge since a lot of users like me can aford this type of gear as oppsed to latest.

I still use the Mini series the mosts however no market for accesories I design with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour