Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Matrice 200 Info Thread

Florida Drone Supply

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.floridadronesupply.com
This morning DJI announced their newest copter in the Matrice series - the Matrice 200 and Matrice 210.

This thread will be used to keep people up to date on the information that becomes available about the copter.

Cameras:
One of the biggest differences in the M200 and the M210 is their ability to carry cameras. They will both carry the newest X5S and X4S cameras in addition to the Z30 and XT series of thermal imaging cameras.

The M200 supports a single downward camera mount - whereas the M210 supports dual downward camera mounts and an upward camera mount (top mount).

Battery Options:
TB50 - 4280mAh
TB55 - 7760mAh

Flight Times:
TB50 Batteries - 27 minutes (no payload)
TB50 Batteries - 13 minutes (6KG payload)

TB55 Batteries - 38 minutes (no payload)
TB55 Batteries - 24 minutes (6KG payload)

The pricing has not been made public, but we will post it as soon as we can here.

Availability is expected sometime this summer.

We have started a simple email sign up for anyone that wants to get information sent directly to them:
[email protected]
Just send an email and we will broadcast announcements and pre-sales information to you as soon as its available.

Here is the video that was posted this morning:

More information to follow...

Thanks!

Michael

FloridaDroneSupply.com

Last edited:
Probably similiar...at least to begin with. Our original thread this morning got closed before the creation of the M200 forum category. We had posted this thread in the new forum and then the other thread got moved here as well. We wanted to have a thread where we continue to post updates for everyone as the dealers get new information and we get our hands on one...also I am sure there will be other dealers that post their pre-sale info, pricing, packages, etc.

Reactions: SanCap
Probably similiar...at least to begin with. Our original thread this morning got closed before the creation of the M200 forum category. We had posted this thread in the new forum and then the other thread got moved here as well. We wanted to have a thread where we continue to post updates for everyone as the dealers get new information and we get our hands on one...also I am sure there will be other dealers that post their pre-sale info, pricing, packages, etc.

So when do we get a dealer demo here in south west Florida? If the go app is the same and the remote is similar, we can assume the focus wheel should work?

Cool. Not sure how they work with dealers. But I would live the benefit of insider info when it comes along.

Even better if u find someone smart enough to top mount my X5S on my Inspire 2. I have been giving that a lot of thought this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Yeah, a top mounted X5S on an Inspire 2 or even an X5R on an M600 would be great. I have given thought several times to figuring out a way to put the X5 bracket that mounts below an M600 above the M600 on the expansion bracket or RTK mounts. Not sure if it would work or not like that but at least DJI is producing a top mount camera on something now. Makes you think we may see it on other copters going forward.

I have seen you post about or mention the Freefly products in other threads. Do you have an Alta or have you ever flown one?

Reactions: ReesAerials
Yeah, a top mounted X5S on an Inspire 2 or even an X5R on an M600 would be great. I have given thought several times to figuring out a way to put the X5 bracket that mounts below an M600 above the M600 on the expansion bracket or RTK mounts. Not sure if it would work or not like that but at least DJI is producing a top mount camera on something now. Makes you think we may see it on other copters going forward.

I have seen you post about or mention the Freefly products in other threads. Do you have an Alta or have you ever flown one?

I have both of these birds. U figure that out, I am flying to Florida to check it out. I considered the Freefly very seriously but went we decided on the Matrice. Intelligent batteries are a must in my opinion when you have that much at stake.

I have both of these birds. U figure that out, I am flying to Florida to check it out.

If something were ever going to be able to be rigged together like that I think the M600 has more potential. If you look at the mount, we are already running those gimbal cables down quite a ways - seems like we could wire them up to the top just as easy. But I have never tried to find a way to actually try it...and I am not sure how the gimbal would respond to being upside down. I guess you could test that by disconnecting the mounting plate from the bracket and just holding it upside down during a power up.

If something were ever going to be able to be rigged together like that I think the M600 has more potential. If you look at the mount, we are already running those gimbal cables down quite a ways - seems like we could wire them up to the top just as easy. But I have never tried to find a way to actually try it...and I am not sure how the gimbal would respond to being upside down. I guess you could test that by disconnecting the mounting plate from the bracket and just holding it upside down during a power up.

Well, if you are going to try it, test it with the X5R. That is my setup.

... it's all about me I guess... LOL

Roger that. Thats what we have under our dealer M600 as well.

We have been waiting for the DJI top mount for a while. Bought an Alta that we flew for a while with a Movi and then took it to another big DJI dealer to test and to fly. Once we get a top mount for aerial filming work I really think DJI has every advantage out there (other than maybe flying really big and heavy systems - which will become much more specialized). Even a few of the clients we supply equipment to that film TV series and national ads have picked up the Inspire 2 and have integrated them into their work on set. Another client in Miami said he has gotten asked for the Inspire 2 specifically by a few different DPs now.

I don't know if you have used the DJI Focus yet, but it is really a pretty great product as well.

Roger that. Thats what we have under our dealer M600 as well.

We have been waiting for the DJI top mount for a while. Bought an Alta that we flew for a while with a Movi and then took it to another big DJI dealer to test and to fly. Once we get a top mount for aerial filming work I really think DJI has every advantage out there (other than maybe flying really big and heavy systems - which will become much more specialized). Even a few of the clients we supply equipment to that film TV series and national ads have picked up the Inspire 2 and have integrated them into their work on set. Another client in Miami said he has gotten asked for the Inspire 2 specifically by a few different DPs now.

I don't know if you have used the DJI Focus yet, but it is really a pretty great product as well.

The focus is a tool that I have wanted for a while but have not seen the demand to pull the trigger. I have done several cinematic projects, one was a full length documentary. But the drone is a byproduct right now to capture previously unattainable shots. I have worked with one DP that really loved it and he is the kind of guy that I would buy it for.

Until more press comes out like DJI did with the launch of the I2, I will be stuck shooting awesome B roll. The point, B roll rarely needs to adjust focus. Of course I am not the Director. If I were, we would be pulling a lot more shots on the drone.

SunLife // Julie Mills | Rees Aerials

We shot these last year. With very few exceptions, our focus was infinity.

Wouldn't the upside down mode be similar to the flashlight mode on the Osmo? Or maybe the X5R was never approved for the Osmo?

The focus is a tool that I have wanted for a while but have not seen the demand to pull the trigger. I have done several cinematic projects, one was a full length documentary. But the drone is a byproduct right now to capture previously unattainable shots. I have worked with one DP that really loved it and he is the kind of guy that I would buy it for.

Until more press comes out like DJI did with the launch of the I2, I will be stuck shooting awesome B roll. The point, B roll rarely needs to adjust focus. Of course I am not the Director. If I were, we would be pulling a lot more shots on the drone.

SunLife // Julie Mills | Rees Aerials

We shot these last year. With very few exceptions, our focus was infinity.

Very cool - and a great story too.

The focus is a pretty decent piece of gear. There are many that are far, far more expensive - but for what it is (and the lenses I have used it on) it is a good tool. Something to consider if you ever pick up a Ronin MX because there is a really good package discount on the Focus if bought with a Ronin of any type.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Wouldn't the upside down mode be similar to the flashlight mode on the Osmo? Or maybe the X5R was never approved for the Osmo?

X5R does work for Osmo...which is why I thought it might work upside down on top of an M600. Not sure if any firmware tells if to behave any differently when connected to an M600 vs an Osmo. I bet someone out there has probably tried it.

Reactions: ReesAerials
Very cool - and a great story too.

The focus is a pretty decent piece of gear. There are many that are far, far more expensive - but for what it is (and the lenses I have used it on) it is a good tool. Something to consider if you ever pick up a Ronin MX because there is a really good package discount on the Focus if bought with a Ronin of any type.
I have a full size Ronin for ground shooting that I pair with my Blackmagic Cinema 4K. I have thought about it for that too....

I have a full size Ronin for ground shooting that I pair with my Blackmagic Cinema 4K. I have thought about it for that too....

Yep - great use for that. We use it on the ground on Canon gear a lot. We are not drive huge cinema lenses - mostly just L glass focus rings. It works great. In fact we had to get out a RedRock Micro follow focus the other day and I was surprised by how much more I preferred the DJI Focus to the RRM.

Cool. Not sure how they work with dealers. But I would live the benefit of insider info when it comes along.

Even better if u find someone smart enough to top mount my X5S on my Inspire 2. I have been giving that a lot of thought this afternoon.

If you want to PM me your contact info I can call you with some pricing, details and availability information tomorrow.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes. But the reported pricing starts at:

5300 for the base model m200 w/ single gimbal mount. (no camera).
8999 for the m210 model with 3 gimbal mounts. (no camera).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen