Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI questionnaire.

Reaction score
Anyone else get the DJI questionnaire?

If you checked I2 ownership, the questionnaire ventures off into some next camera availability questions. Maybe an APC-C sized sensor, full frame, more dynamic range, more lenses, thermal camera, higher camera price too >$4,500, etc.

Nothing about an OSMO for the I2 camera mentioned either. Must be a dead end for it ever happening.

One question about legal restrictions of flight impeding work (and maybe future purchases?).

Nothing about firmware or software, mostly all hardware related.

Reactions: Advexure
I got one too and answered it.
This showed up in my inbox this morning. I think they may have sent it out to all who have registered I2s.
xxxiv.jpg

I got one although I have an Inspire 1 Pro, not an I2. Questions were mostly about cameras. Because I still consider myself a student pilot I answered mostly as a hobbyist but in the open ended and "other" answers I added comments that would be appropriate for a professional. There were general usage questions, future plans questions and why I went with an I1 instead of an I2, and what might get me to upgrade.

The points I tried to get across were that I wanted to see a 20MP camera option (I'm mostly a still/landscape photographer), and the value of having interchangeable lenses. Also that the primary reason for going with an Inspire 1 over the 2 was cost/benefit.

I got and completed it. It was interesting, as though DJI was seeing what they have to do to get I1 users to buy an I2. Funny 'cause I just bought a 2nd I1 for reasons of commonality, sharing batteries, RC, etc. I don't see much benefit of I2 for my work and only see a drone as a way to keep my commercial photography clients. However could be enticed with a better camera chip,(12 bit depth, raw capture, 4K at 60 FPS, focus control in the SDK, etc). Also for us Canadians, "compliance" that will meet Transport Canada proposed requirements.

I went with the Inspire 1 V2 instead of the Inspire 2 this month personally.

I was all set to buy the Inspire 2 and found out the XT thermal camera didn't work and there was also no zoom type camera like the Z3.

DJI should have left the camera interface the same between the I1 and I2. I will have to much invested in my Inspire 1 V2 with two camera gimbals(X3 and Z3) and a XT thermal camera to move to a Inspire 2 for years now.

I also do like the idea of dual batteries in theory, but then again it's $300 for one flight set vs $150 (TB47) or $199 (TB48)for Inspire drone.

Last edited:
I went with the Inspire 1 V2 instead of the Inspire 2 this month personally.

I was all set to buy the Inspire 2 and found out the XT thermal camera didn't work and there was also no zoom type camera like the Z3.

DJI should have left the camera interface the same between the I1 and I2. I will have to much invested in my Inspire 1 V2 with two camera gimbals(X3 and Z3) and a XT thermal camera to move to a Inspire 2 for years now.

I also do like the idea of dual batteries in theory, but then again it's $300 for one flight set vs $150 (TB47) or $199 (TB48)for Inspire drone.

Don't forget the ability to use an OSMO with the i1 either. Nothing like it for the i2 and I fear there never will be an OSMO for it due to the $1,300 licensing matter tied to the external drone body (or paying another $1,300 for an OSMO handle license.) rather than residing in the camera. A better camera for the i1 might be a good deal, but they may never do it to keep i2 and future i3 sales up.

It seems they have the i1 pretty well debugged now against the i2, imho. My i2 has some issues that are mostly firmware or GO related, RC shutting partially off in flight is disturbing too, and infamous magenta X5S camera and ill-fitting prop hardware issues. Maybe in two years they'll get the bugs out of the i2 by the time the i3 appears....maybe.

Reactions: DStealth
I don't own an I2 and got the survey. Checked owning osmo, Phantom and I1 and yes, it went off into dreamland with APS-C and and Full Frame and why I didn't want to pay +$4k just for the camera alone.

Sorry, DJI, if I am going to drop $4k on a new camera, it certainly isn't going to be a cheezy Chinese camera. Its going to be a 46mp, full frame, 7fps Nikon D850 sweety that shoots ISO 64 to 25,600 native and be certain of the fact that I can get it serviced quickly and nothing I do with it is going to be logged and sent back to the mothership.

Reactions: Casey53 and Terry1
I don't own an I2 and got the survey. Checked owning osmo, Phantom and I1 and yes, it went off into dreamland with APS-C and and Full Frame and why I didn't want to pay +$4k just for the camera alone.

Sorry, DJI, if I am going to drop $4k on a new camera, it certainly isn't going to be a cheezy Chinese camera. Its going to be a 46mp, full frame, 7fps Nikon D850 sweety that shoots ISO 64 to 25,600 native and be certain of the fact that I can get it serviced quickly and nothing I do with it is going to be logged and sent back to the mothership.
Goof point.

I've wondered if China built and sold cars in the USA, would they survive if they had after sales service and quality control similar to DJI?

I own Nikon gear as well and service has been much better overall, even though two of my last three $2K lenses went into them immediately on things I found wrong, but they came back fixed in less than two weeks and not a refurb switch. Sony camera has been an issue though and seems they use a third party repair facility with less than stellar reviews which may hurt them in the long term with the pros. Canon service seems to be tops in reviews.

DJI has a long ways to go, imho, and their service needs to be centralized rather than call centers who know nothing and playing around-the-world tag with sundry time zones and remote shipping locales to get anything done. Their questionnaire about paying over $4.5K for a camera is a little early too as they need to address the issues they already have with what they already sell. They haven't gotten the magenta tint matter in manual white balance fixed in over two years now inthe X5 series. I'm not sure if them owning a large stake in Hassleblad will do much to help that brand either and may end up doing more harm than good.

Last edited:
Thats one thing I can say about Nikon. They will fix it and fix it right. First time. I have had service done on my D70 and D7000. Both times returned within a week and problem fixed. Never had to have any nikon glass repaired. My D70 is the granddaughter's camera now and has been for a while now.

Here is Serena with it at 7 (2011):
0172_1482101711.jpg

And 8...
0060_1482102644.jpg

And yes, you are probably right in what she was saying.. "I know what I am doing just let me shoot it." or something along those lines.

She's 13 now. And still uses the D70 as does her younger sister. And, yes, she does know enough to use it. I mean, I am not giving them my 24-70 f/2.8 lens for it but I will let them beat up a cheap kit lens. Surprising it can withstand kids. But it can.

I don't think I could say the same about DJI products. I just don't have the confidence in their build quality and my only experience with their repair was not a positive one either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdolphBonn