Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Do I sell my Inspire 1 for a Phantom 4 Pro?

Reaction score
With the recent release of the P4P I am wondering if the camera specs are now better than the X3 on my Inspire 1. On paper it now looks like the P4P is a better option than the Inspire 1. I'd really like some experienced Inspire owners to give me their opinion.

I am a single operator looking to get the best video and stills photography.

I am assuming the increased bit rate to 100mbs along with a large sensor and mechanical aperture of the Phantom 4 Pro is going to be better than my X3.

Comments and opinions please.

Reactions: rdweaver
I think you are correct with the comparison of the 2 cameras. You probably all ready have spare batteries and accessories for the I1. In my opinion, I would get the X5 and some olympus lenses which will yield you better stills and video than the P4P.

I think you are correct with the comparison of the 2 cameras. You probably all ready have spare batteries and accessories for the I1. In my opinion, I would get the X5 and some olympus lenses which will yield you better stills and video than the P4P.
Thanks for your comments. It's a hard one right? If I sold the Inspire 1 for $1400 then the P4P would cost be about an additional $200. However to buy the X5 and lenses we are talking $2,000 - quite a difference.

Reactions: SanCap
Thanks for your comments. It's a hard one right? If I sold the Inspire 1 for $1400 then the P4P would cost be about an additional $200. However to buy the X5 and lenses we are talking $2,000 - quite a difference.

Yep decisions, decisions. I have 2 inspire 1's X3 and X5, 10 batteries, smart power charger, 2 landing mode hard cases, 2 controllers. I would consider the P4P a downgrade.

Reactions: John Archer and BCF
I've just upgraded from the P3P to the Inspire 1 v.2 and attempted to add the nefarious Z3 without success (luckily as it turns out!). I've even more recently upgraded the Inspire 1 to the Pro version by adding the X5, selling the X3 camera and buying the 12mm, 25mm and 45mm Olympus lenses to complement the included DJI/Panasonic 15mm lens.

Would I go back to a Phantom? No, not even for the P4P. I'm more than impressed withe the performance of the Inspire and particularly so with the Olympus lenses. I'm with San Cape on this one.

Reactions: SanCap and ash223
I agree with what these guys are telling you.

If you never plan on upgrading to the x5 then the p4p would be your best choice for image quality, but the best option is to move to the x5 which has a larger sensor, and also gives the capability to change lenses. I am sure the prices will drop too since there will be new cameras on the block soon.

Reactions: Kilrah
I just purchased a Inspire 1 with both x3 and x5 cameras (with less than 3 hrs flight time), may consider selling the x5 to lower my investment.

Could maybe solve your dilemma?

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Can you find a better deal than this?[emoji6]
53caf51fdee8c43cf3af1efa921455e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I have had the same questions. I currently own an Inspire 1 x3 and am very attracted by the new P4P and Inspire 2 x4s cameras' higher bitrate and larger sensor.

I would like to know if the P4P's flight characteristics can compete with the Inspire, and especially with its yaw movement (which would need to match the smooth gimbal panning of the Inspire).

The p4 is a precise aircraft that yaws just as good as the inspire, and I think the p4p will be the same, but it's not going to be able to compete with a dual remote setup. The only thing that stinks with the phantom 4 is that you have to angle the camera down to keep the props from showing in videos when there is high wind, or filming when flying fast.

I'm in the same boat as the op, I can either get the Inspire 1 V2 with the X3 Camera or the P4P but its more expensive. Reading the specs the camera is exactly the same between the Inspire and P4P? For me its all about video/image quality but I will admit the P4Ps safety measures look very nice to have.

I've just upgraded from the P3P to the Inspire 1 v.2 and attempted to add the nefarious Z3 without success (luckily as it turns out!). I've even more recently upgraded the Inspire 1 to the Pro version by adding the X5, selling the X3 camera and buying the 12mm, 25mm and 45mm Olympus lenses to complement the included DJI/Panasonic 15mm lens.

Would I go back to a Phantom? No, not even for the P4P. I'm more than impressed withe the performance of the Inspire and particularly so with the Olympus lenses. I'm with San Cape on this one.

I have the X5R and bought the Olympus 12mm, but can you tell me the use case / percentage of use / and link to where you bought the 25mm or 45mm ( that is quite the zoom).

Brendan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had the same questions. I currently own an Inspire 1 x3 and am very attracted by the new P4P and Inspire 2 x4s cameras' higher bitrate and larger sensor.

I would like to know if the P4P's flight characteristics can compete with the Inspire, and especially with its yaw movement (which would need to match the smooth gimbal panning of the Inspire).
So my response is coming from a P3P and P4 owner (i2 on order) but I think you would be disappointed with the flight characteristics of the P4P over an i1 (only flown one once). Don't get me wrong, my P3P and P4 are my go to birds for AP/V, but they are not my favorite to fly. I find the P3P and the P4 to a lesser degree, to be choppy in flight (geometry/weight). To get smooth yaws and better flight characteristics, I play with the PID settings.

The other problem is the landing gear when you yaw can show up in the video. This can be avoided by slowing your yaw moves down but something you have to constantly think about. Also as already mentioned, to keep the props out of the shots on higher speed runs, you have to tilt the camera or fly backwards. Hobbyist like myself this is probably not a show stopper, but I would think this would be an issue if you are professional.

If your doing professional work, as good as the p3p and p4p are the public perception is that they're toys. The Inspires has a better presence and upgradeability. Sell your x3 and get a x5 and add lenses as you can afford them

I also have X5 with all the lenses you have. I am happy with those!

100mbps is 50% more data rate over the 60, , H1 SoC and 1" sensor as well means it should smash the X3 out the door.

And add in the. HVEC that's optimised for 4K over H.264 that was created for 1080P , far more macroblocks, better optimised GOP structure means it should be substantially better overall.

It's a VERY tempting machine tbh.

Reactions: Pescatoral Pursuit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveamelia102