Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does the Inspire record gimbal metadata?

Reaction score
I am trying to do some position calculations based off images collected by my inspire and they require the angle the camera was tilted at and the direction it was facing at the time the photo was taken. I would have thought that considering the fact that the gimbal is stabilized, that this information would be collected.

Does anyone know if the inspire records this information and how to retrieve it?

Cheers,

M

I am trying to do some position calculations based off images collected by my inspire and they require the angle the camera was tilted at and the direction it was facing at the time the photo was taken. I would have thought that considering the fact that the gimbal is stabilized, that this information would be collected.

Does anyone know if the inspire records this information and how to retrieve this?

Cheers,

M
Yes and........no.
With regards to precise metadata based on gimbal attitude/angle, I am not sure there is any consumer software able to read/retrieve it.
As an approximation, the replay of your flight on your tablet will show direction of camera etc (illustrated by the green 'cone' coming from the triangle of the aircraft.)

I just looked at my logs on Healthy Drones and they are now showing gimbal pitch and direction. I am not sure how accurate it is but it is something.

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 11.19.11 AM.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild2Game