Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone Defense System? Any thoughts on this

Reaction score
So, I work in the film industry and just got an email from this company
Products - Vigilant Drone Defense Inc
promoting the ability to keep our sets private from drone spying.
I've been on film sets for the past 23 years and have never once experienced spying via drone or any other drone not welcome experience.
Any thoughts on this? Probably only works on DJI products after the p2? I still have my P1 & P2, not sure if they work as they haven't seen use in a long time.

This looks like a signal Jamming system, and I'm quite sure that ANY signal jamers are illegal in the USA.

Please don't quote me, but I am quite sure there is a legal issue here.

This looks like a signal Jamming system, and I'm quite sure that ANY signal jamers are illegal in the USA.

Please don't quote me, but I am quite sure there is a legal issue here.

Confirming legal issue: it will be impossible to obtain FCC authorization for products with such purpose (product/company search in FCC database - nothing related found).
Additionally UAS flights are regulated by FAA in a same way as airlines (part 121), any special flight restrictions (must be and are) posted in NOTAMs and never enforced by means of disrupting of aircraft controls (for obvious reasons). Interference with air navigation is a federal crime.
Any other entity that tries to impose restrictions on airspace without government knowledge will face criminal prosecution.
Only one vendor in US can purchase & use something like that without FCC authorization (still will need notify FAA of it's use in public airspace) it's DoD.
Would be a good idea to send info about this company to both federal agencies.

Reactions: Jason Boucher
Confirming legal issue: it will be impossible to obtain FCC authorization for products with such purpose (product/company search in FCC database - nothing related found).
Additionally UAS flights are regulated by FAA in a same way as airlines (part 121), any special flight restrictions (must be and are) posted in NOTAMs and never enforced by means of disrupting of aircraft controls (for obvious reasons). Interference with air navigation is a federal crime.
Any other entity that tries to impose restrictions on airspace without government knowledge will face criminal prosecution.
Only one vendor in US can purchase & use something like that without FCC authorization (still will need notify FAA of it's use in public airspace) it's DoD.
Would be a good idea to send info about this company to both federal agencies.

Thanks for doing the research and confirming.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeganSugde