Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone downlink directly to mobile command post

Reaction score
Anyone know a way to downlink video directly to a device other than the controller? When I fly with a public safety team, the only way they can see the downlink is if I’m controlling my drone while standing outside the command post and I have a HDMI cable run directly to a monitor. If I’m not right outside the CP, they can’t see the signal unless I Facebook Live it. Is there a way to mount an antenna on the mast that can directly receive the video that the drone is transmitting out? I’m sure there is some missing piece of hardware that needs to be there.

One thing you can do is have another (slave) RC and let the guys in the command post watch the video from that device. (Either via the tablet on the RC or via HDMI out to a bigger screen)
Another option is you connect a HDMI transmitter to the HDMI output on your pilots RC. Then broadcast that signal to a receiver in the command post. That receiver is connected to a TV or whatever you like.
Have a look here: FPV Connex Mini HD Wireless Transmitter Super Compact Gimabe&Cinematography | Amimon

Hope that helps.
Regards,
K.

Reactions: Chris Grazioso
Anyone know a way to downlink video directly to a device other than the controller? When I fly with a public safety team, the only way they can see the downlink is if I’m controlling my drone while standing outside the command post and I have a HDMI cable run directly to a monitor. If I’m not right outside the CP, they can’t see the signal unless I Facebook Live it. Is there a way to mount an antenna on the mast that can directly receive the video that the drone is transmitting out? I’m sure there is some missing piece of hardware that needs to be there.
Short answer - No.
The lightbridge feed is proprietary and cannot be decoded by third party devices.
Your options are as stated above or mount an additional video feed TX to your airframe like a Paralinx or similar.

FWIW we tried this with our connex (not the mini) and found we need to move the Conex's Antenna away from the Inspire's. We had them strapped to the uprights of our Secraft tray and there was so much interference we did not get an image at the receiving end. We're working on a nice looking mount to get the two items far enough away from one another that they get along.

move the Conex's Antenna away
Yes, i found the issue while performing the initial test/setup before going into the field.
I therefore mounted the Connex mini onto a tripod 3 yards away, connecting then my RC via a HDMI cable to the Connex.
It's not a perfect solution, but it worked for me, since i normally do not leave my position with my RC.

I've worked on a couple of projects where we have moved telemetry data from an android device to a pc as well as back to the drone. As others have noted, the lightbridge datastream is proprietary and it is not possible to capture the video prior to the rc. It is possible to parse the video stream once it gets to an android device and then move it to a pc or other device but I would not recommend it since the video stream is slowed down in the process.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour