Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dubai Showreel

Reaction score
Hi Guys, first time I'm gonna post a showreel so quite nervous. This was shot mostly on Inspire 2 X5S mostly Prores but some H.264. A few GH4 shots with the old S900 and some FPV at the end for fun.

I hope you like it, please feel free to criticize so I can get better - especially at editing

VERY well done, love Dubai! Airplane tracking shots at the end were killer. Also loved the sequence of the Burj.

Lastly, what are those identical villas/houses on the island? Name?

Thanks for sharing and safe flying!

Reactions: FalconCam
VERY well done, love Dubai! Airplane tracking shots at the end were killer. Also loved the sequence of the Burj.

Lastly, what are those identical villas/houses on the island? Name?

Thanks for sharing and safe flying!

So gald you liked it.

Those identical villas are on Zaya Nurai Island in Abu Dhabi. It's a hotel/resort on a private island only accessible by their boat via their welcome center on the mainland. The villas you see are the mid-level ones and we were lucky to get one to stay in for the shoot!

You can check-out the actual video provided to them below:

Reactions: Phatzo and Advexure
So gald you liked it.

Those identical villas are on Zaya Nurai Island in Abu Dhabi. It's a hotel/resort on a private island only accessible by their boat via their welcome center on the mainland. The villas you see are the mid-level ones and we were lucky to get one to stay in for the shoot!

You can check-out the actual video provided to them below:

Very cool, definitely want to make it to Abu Dhabi next time to the UAE.

How has drone regulation / permitting for commercial work been playing out in and around Dubai?

Very cool, definitely want to make it to Abu Dhabi next time to the UAE.

How has drone regulation / permitting for commercial work been playing out in and around Dubai?

Thanks bud!

Regulations are strict. I'm a commercial licensed pilot here and needs to be both with Dubai Civil Aviation Authority and Gulf Civil AA. GCAA for anything within the UAE but outside Dubai. And DCAA for Dubai only. Requires a production license or you can register under an established production company (what I did). Requires a flight exam (attitude mode only) in high wind. And a writren exam. Pretty easy if been flying RC Helis before.

If you do make it over here sometime give me a shout.

Reactions: Phatzo
Wow! That may be one of the best Inspire Show Reels I've ever seen. The composition, editing, coloring and general feel were awesome. I'm going to watch this a few more times and take notes. Really well done!

Wow! That may be one of the best Inspire Show Reels I've ever seen. The composition, editing, coloring and general feel were awesome. I'm going to watch this a few more times and take notes. Really well done!

You are too kind! Appreciate the comments really!

Beautiful work man!
That timelapse at sunset or sunrise in the dunes was gorgeous! Was that a drone or slider? Either way, very nice work!

Hi,

No need to be nervous at all. Fantastic Showreel.

Spent a fair bit of time in Dubai and Abu Dhabi last year and recognise a lot of the places.

Favourite clips were the night time lapse over the dunes with the stars and the vehicles on the dune, brings back some good memories.

Some of the transitions were really neat too.

Well done! I’ll be keeping an eye on your posts from joe on to see more.

Cheers

Hi Guys, first time I'm gonna post a showreel so quite nervous. This was shot mostly on Inspire 2 X5S mostly Prores but some H.264. A few GH4 shots with the old S900 and some FPV at the end for fun.

I hope you like it, please feel free to criticize so I can get better - especially at editing

No criticism here, absolutely beautiful work in a place with stunning features. I fly for a tv show for a living and wish I had a reel like that. Cheers!

No criticism here, absolutely beautiful work in a place with stunning features. I fly for a tv show for a living and wish I had a reel like that. Cheers!

I'm sure my work pales in comparison to your professional work! But i appreciate the awesome comments!!!

That was simply captivating and the music perfect. Well done!!! I’ve never been there but you show cased it so well. Thanks for sharing.

My strong advice would be to move to the U.S. You have FAR too much drone freedom to just fly anywhere you want without the FAA's fist up your arse, and it's just not going to do...<;^) That said...

Great job on the reel. Nice work.

Last edited:
My strong advice would be to move to the U.S. You have FAR too much drone freedom to just fly anywhere you want without the FAA's fist up your arse, and it's just not going to do...<;^) That said...

Great job on the reel. Nice work.

Lol I'm not sure if thats sarcasm or not. I think UAE has stricter rules than anywhere else in the world!

Nice show reel! My only thought would be to lose the shot of the couple on the deck, it wasn't really that smooth. I'm assuming you were operating solo on that shot.

You are spot on. I debated this myself when editing. The whole scene was supposed to be two shots. The first bit where she comes out, cuts to a shot of her close-up, then back to aerial for the zoom out. I didn't own the close-up shots so just posted the whole aerial shot as it was taken. It Dual-op actually but director yelled cut and we had to get into the right position for the zoom out quickly which isn't smooth. Director wanted single takes for aerial shots only so would have loved to re-do it!

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Lol I'm not sure if thats sarcasm or not. I think UAE has stricter rules than anywhere else in the world!

It was tongue-in-cheek. Forgive me, but almost every ground-breaking aerial accomplishment in the world comes out of Dubai. I can only assume that this is either because there exists less regulation (which clearly there is not), or the regulations are simply not that strictly enforced. For example....

Flying Jet Pack. Dubai

Flying Police. Dubai

Flying next to a commercial jet. Dubai

Sanctioned in-city wing suits. Dubai

Flying drone taxi. Dubai.

Random drone video flying 1,000'+ AGL among the city buildings. Dubai.

HIGH in DUBAI - Drone Footage

I don't think drone permits to fly around NYC @ 1,000'+ AGL even exist.

NONE of this would fly in the U.S. (pun intended). Could you imagine doing ANY of this in NYC??? Or Chicago or L.A.??? Never. The FAA would laugh in our face. So...my comment was a little tongue-in-cheek, with a good dose of truth...and a hint of envy....<;^)

Reactions: Advexure
It was tongue-in-cheek. Forgive me, but almost every ground-breaking aerial accomplishment in the world comes out of Dubai. I can only assume that this is either because there exists less regulation (which clearly there is not), or the regulations are simply not that strictly enforced. For example....

Flying Jet Pack. Dubai

Flying Police. Dubai

Flying next to a commercial jet. Dubai

Sanctioned in-city wing suits. Dubai

Flying drone taxi. Dubai.

Random drone video flying 1,000'+ AGL among the city buildings. Dubai.

HIGH in DUBAI - Drone Footage

I don't think drone permits to fly around NYC @ 1,000'+ AGL even exist.

NONE of this would fly in the U.S. (pun intended). Could you imagine doing ANY of this in NYC??? Or Chicago or L.A.??? Never. The FAA would laugh in our face. So...my comment was a little tongue-in-cheek, with a good dose of truth...and a hint of envy....<;^)

I agree. The Dubai government is very pro-drone! But, when it comes to actually doing aerial shoots its quite strict. For example the Burj Khalifa shoot I did was at 2800ft AGL - I had to use a 'drone tracker' device (developed by a local company) so ATC could track my flights in real-time. You also need someone to supervise all commercial shoots from the Ministry of Defense - their fee alone is around 700 bucks per day! Plus civil aviation authority fees and Dubai film and tv commission fees. Clients here have to cover all those costs.

You have to register you drone during purchase now. You can't register something like an Inspire 2 here without a commercial production licence and then you need a commercial drone pilots license to fly it! The test is hard, you have to fly in high wind in Atti mode doing complex maneuvers.

So you can pretty much shoot where you want as long as you have the paperwork to do so. I have yet to be denied an application!

Reactions: Advexure
I agree. The Dubai government is very pro-drone! But, when it comes to actually doing aerial shoots its quite strict. For example the Burj Khalifa shoot I did was at 2800ft AGL - I had to use a 'drone tracker' device (developed by a local company) so ATC could track my flights in real-time. You also need someone to supervise all commercial shoots from the Ministry of Defense - their fee alone is around 700 bucks per day! Plus civil aviation authority fees and Dubai film and tv commission fees. Clients here have to cover all those costs.

You have to register you drone during purchase now. You can't register something like an Inspire 2 here without a commercial production licence and then you need a commercial drone pilots license to fly it! The test is hard, you have to fly in high wind in Atti mode doing complex maneuvers.

So you can pretty much shoot where you want as long as you have the paperwork to do so. I have yet to be denied an application!

Wow! That's a LOT of permitting. Seems you have the same or more process as the U.S., but your government is clearly more "drone-friendly." Good on you.

And regarding flying ATTI in high wind, it's what I recommend to anyone who wants to hone their drone skills.

"Olden days" before telemetry or FPV....<;^)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu