Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dubai Showreel

Wow! That's a LOT of permitting. Seems you have the same or more process as the U.S., but your government is clearly more "drone-friendly." Good on you.

And regarding flying ATTI in high wind, it's what I recommend to anyone who wants to hone their drone skills.

"Olden days" before telemetry or FPV....<;^)

Definitely!!!

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Definitely!!!

Just curious if you have any formal film training? You have good sensibilities. And I agree with that other guy regarding the gratuitous two shot of those folks on the pier.

Isn't it funny how sometimes the quick "repositioning" shots get used?

A few years ago, when I was first starting out, I did a commercial for a car dealership. I was moving the drone like a bat out of hell from the lot up to do a full shot of the dealership, and the owner LOVED that shot and it was used in the final commercial. That's why I roll the camera on set when repositioning.

On one shoot for Longmire, at the end of a 12-hour day we were shooting some b-roll of a ranch. We were repositioning to shoot from the other side of the ranch, and there just happened that a large falcon was flying in-frame between the drone and the ranch. Because the camera was rolling, I got the shot.

That's what I love about dual operator mode. I can concentrate on getting kewl shots like that while my partner pilots the bird. I don't know if the shot made it into the episode, but *I* would have used it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu