Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Fast Track Course needed, contract pending !

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm in the fortunate position f having a major civil-engineering contract awaiting my PFAW, so I need to get it underway as soon as possible.

I need an all-in-one course, that cover production/assistance with Ops Manual, training and the flight test immediately after the course, usually day 3 for eg.

Please assume all necessary due diligence on the Ops manual front, I have no intention of 'cowboying' it and intend to operate as a knowledgeable professional. I just need to operate *** soon as I possibly can.

Any recommendations on a good fast-track type course, that will see me ready to send off my application for PFAW straight after would be hugely appreciated. I would hope to attend the course in the back-half of July at latest.

All advice gratefully received.

Cheers
Stu

Hi Guys, I'm in the fortunate position f having a major civil-engineering contract awaiting my PFAW, so I need to get it underway as soon as possible.

I need an all-in-one course, that cover production/assistance with Ops Manual, training and the flight test immediately after the course, usually day 3 for eg.

Please assume all necessary due diligence on the Ops manual front, I have no intention of 'cowboying' it and intend to operate as a knowledgeable professional. I just need to operate *** soon as I possibly can.

Any recommendations on a good fast-track type course, that will see me ready to send off my application for PFAW straight after would be hugely appreciated. I would hope to attend the course in the back-half of July at latest.

All advice gratefully received.

Cheers
Stu
Hi Stu,

You are going to struggle with that timeframe for a few reasons.
1. The ops manual takes time to write (it's a 40 to 60 page document) and even using a template it takes time to write your own content and checklists specific to you as well as emergency procedures.
2. You will not really have the knowledge to write the ops manual UNTIL you have done your Groundschool and passed the exam.
3. Assuming you could even cram all of the above in within a short timeframe you would then need to wait while your SRG1320 submission was approved by the CAA and your PFAW issued which is currently around 20-30 days.

Probably your best option (for now) to make sure you secure the contract is to utilise the services of a PFAW holder to start the contract off until you get your permissions etc.

Incidentally - you asked an 'almost' identical question HERE and received replies and PM's so was this not sorted?

Will have ground school complete tomorrow, with night rating Ops manual nearly complete. So will be sending off paperwork to CAA tomorrow evening/Thursday am. Just a matter of waiting for them.. Which isn't looking great but will hassle the crap out of them till it arrives

Will have ground school complete tomorrow, with night rating Ops manual nearly complete. So will be sending off paperwork to CAA tomorrow evening/Thursday am. Just a matter of waiting for them.. Which isn't looking great but will hassle the crap out of them till it arrives
But you won't have a flight assement completed and signed off will you, which forms part of the SRG1320 submission?

Got flight exam tomoz afternoon bud have been told in practice that passing shouldn't be a problem

With respect Ed, the previous post was about getting specific advice about the availability of a temp PFAW or similar, and -that- question was answered.. Very different to asking for NQE recommendations some folk did answer along the 'use another contractor' route, but that wasn't the question, isn't the question here either

With respect Ed, the previous post was about getting specific advice about the availability of a temp PFAW or similar, and -that- question was answered.. Very different to asking for NQE recommendations some folk did answer along the 'use another contractor' route, but that wasn't the question, isn't the question here either
Fair enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylebrown77