Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

First sightings of TB50 Battery Charging Station.

Reaction score
Silly little island off west coast of Europe
DJI have been running a series of videos on their Youtube channel demonstrating the I2 in a film setting... they've shown some shots of a charging station... looks like 8-12 TB50's, a couple of USB sockets and it also shows what looks like a couple of batts for the Crystal Sky and their charger... seems Mr "Coming Soon" may not have been totally commatose (or someone found his phone number and woke him up :D )

You can check out the video on DJI's YT channel, hopefully there's also a couple of screen caps attached (if the forum lets me).

Battery Chrg Stat1.jpg Battery Chrg Stat2.jpg Battery Chrg Stat3.jpg

What is the best guess on the price for the charging station, $699??
Much more I think.
I also think it is "only" 800 watts... meaning it will cleanly charge those 8 batteries with only 1 power cord -- but it will not charge "that much" (hardly at all) faster than a 180 watt power brick and charge hub.

The version I built is 1500 watts and charges 6 batteries in 35 mins from a car battery or AC wall plug -- and I have adapters to use charge hubs and to charge transmitters so I have a lot of flexibility with all of that stuff, too.

Link to it here:
The ULTIMATE Inspire 2 battery charger

Reactions: SanCap
Much more I think.
I also think it is "only" 800 watts... meaning it will cleanly charge those 8 batteries with only 1 power cord -- but it will not charge "that much" (hardly at all) faster than a 180 watt power brick and charge hub.

The version I built is 1500 watts and charges 6 batteries in 35 mins from a car battery or AC wall plug -- and I have adapters to use charge hubs and to charge transmitters so I have a lot of flexibility with all of that stuff, too.

Link to it here:
The ULTIMATE Inspire 2 battery charger

Too bad you only have one more to sell :(

Reactions: AcesAreWld
yeh me either! However ~$1500ish was the price floating around NAB in April.

I can not justify that price but if it actually worked as advertised I may consider it, history shows there could be flaws. Considering how long we have waited and purchased more batteries as needed to do what we need to do with existing chargers, my system seems to be working. Having 16 batteries and 2 charging hubs can keep me flying all day with a bit of battery charging strategies. Is it the best system, no, DJI has let us down again with promised accessories. I am not a hater but really wish DJI would follow thru on systems they promised us before creating new systems that they promise will be game changing again.

I can not justify that price but if it actually worked as advertised I may consider it, history shows there could be flaws. Considering how long we have waited and purchased more batteries as needed to do what we need to do with existing chargers, my system seems to be working. Having 16 batteries and 2 charging hubs can keep me flying all day with a bit of battery charging strategies. Is it the best system, no, DJI has let us down again with promised accessories. I am not a hater but really wish DJI would follow thru on systems they promised us before creating new systems that they promise will be game changing again.
I agree 100% Plus could you imagine if something went wrong and it caught fire while on-site! You can lose 3-4K in an instant and that is just the batteries and charger. I would definitely not want the first of these units.

Reactions: SanCap
Well, the Battery Charging Station is finally here...soon ;) Expected to begin shipping to early pre-orders around the middle to end of January.

More info on the station here: DJI Battery Station – Available for Pre-Order at Advexure and also a full write up here: DJI Battery Station – Ultimate Inspire 2 Accessory for Professionals

Pre-orders can now be placed at Advexure: Buy DJI Battery Charging Station for Inspire 2 TB50 Batteries | Advexure

We're definitely excited to put one of these through its paces on an upcoming production.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adidasCampusShoes