Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Foldable Carbon Fiber Props for Inspire 1

Reaction score
Im considering getting these.. I've only seen 1 type available

Its pretty pricey but I like the idea of a secure connection and not having to remove them constantly. Im curious if anyone here has tried them and what are your experiences with them.. handling, flight-time etc.

Reactions: Jim Weist
I have them and absolutely love them. Been flying with them for 2 months with zero issues.
Well worth every $.
Florida Drone Supply keeps them in stock. Got them 2 days after ordering.
P1080663.JPG

Last edited:
I've been flying these too - there is just enough 'stiction' in the blade hubs to pull the prop straight and check on a balancer - all 4 were exactly balanced, which was a huge surprise as I have had to balance all other props I have used. Prior to fitting these I was using adaptors that allowed me to use T-Motor props and had built up quite a collection of these in different sizes and profiles. In use, the Inspire 1 does a little 'shimmy' on the startup 'ziz-ziz', then once the props are fully straight at idling speed there is no vibration or wobble at all. In flight, I think they are very quiet. Some breadknife-butchery of the travel case is needed, but that's not hard. I really like them and feel very confident using them.

Its pretty pricey but I like the idea of a secure connection and not having to remove them constantly. Im curious if anyone here has tried them and what are your experiences with them.. handling, flight-time etc.

They seem to be a bit more responsive vs the stock props, we have found them to be quieter also, they have a lower tone to them. The convenience factor is an added bonus. We do have them in stock and ready to ship.

Reactions: SanCap
They seem to be a bit more responsive vs the stock props, we have found them to be quieter also, they have a lower tone to them. The convenience factor is an added bonus. We do have them in stock and ready to ship.
Those foldable props are great, I use them on my Inspire 2 craft, but you must be very careful when removing the original bracket from the motor, sometime those screws are so tight (too much locktite on it) that you have do use a drill to bore a hole in the center of the screws to be able to remove them, and doing so, I've ruined two motors, for the grinding metal fall into the air opening of the motors, had to order two motors to replace the defective ones that were locked, so be very careful, for it would cost you numerous$$$$.

Agreed, the locktite they are using in production is way over what it should be. Must be the #271 red. I was very careful removing mine and once I was able to get a little movement out of the screws, I worked them back and forth which loosened it. I was gritting my teeth the whole time. Interestingly enough, 3 motors were #8 torx head and one was definitely #9. Be careful, or as videobug reports, large damage$.

Reactions: Jim Weist

I have them and can only report that they work great. I did tighten down on the teflon discs because I did want them moving when the I2 applied the brakes.

The convenience factor, quietness, lightness (longer battery charge) are all nice. But for $210, you introduce a new issue; In a crash or even simple mishap, your blade replacement is up to $200 instead of $26 for new basic blades. Also, none of the custom after-market cases will be usable without cutting.

I suppose if you crash, you have a lot more than $200 to worry about, just pointing out the investment is bigger than the initial $210.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hetaksh31