Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Folding High Elevation Props- do they exist?

Reaction score
Website
www.lancekoudele.com
I will be flying a great deal this winter between 6,300 and 10,500 feet above sea level at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort for commercial work.

The convenience of folding props in cold conditions to speed set up seems super nice to me but I want to have solid functioning at higher elevations. The INSPIRE 1 last winter climbed like a pig with the stock props. The Mavic outperformed the I1 with stock props amazingly well.

Does anyone here have personal expereince they could offer here?

PS- I've used the search feature (for folding HA props) and haven't found anything... thank you.

Last edited:
I will be flying a great deal this winter between 6,300 and 10,500 feet above sea level at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort for commercial work.

The convince of folding props in cold conditions to speed set up seems super nice to me but I want to have solid functioning at higher elevations. The INSPIRE 1 last winter climbed like a pig with the stock props. The Mavic outperformed the I1 with stock props amazingly well.

PS- I've used the search feature and haven't found anything... thank you.
I haven’t seen any folders yet but you’ll need something around the1460 range as a prop.

The convince of folding props in cold conditions to speed set up seems super nice to me but I want to have solid functioning at higher elevations. The INSPIRE 1 last winter climbed like a pig with the stock props. The Mavic outperformed the I1 with stock props amazingly well.

PS- I've used the search feature and haven't found anything... thank you.
Not folding but HA props nonetheless
Inspire 2 High Altitude Propellers - DJI from Heliguy UK

I fly the I2 with HA props more than normal props since I live in Colorado. The HA props work very well at 11k ft in the national forests a short drove from my condo. I've never seen foldable I2 props for any altitude, so I'm a newbie in that dept.

Will

I fly the I2 with HA props more than normal props since I live in Colorado. The HA props work very well at 11k ft in the national forests a short drove from my condo. I've never seen foldable I2 props for any altitude, so I'm a newbie in that dept.

Will
I fly the folding props and have no problems with them but I am at 1,000 feet altitude above sea level so that really doesn’t answer your questions. I purchased mine from Florida Drone Supply and I really like the fact that I can pull my Inspire 2 out of the case and not have to mess around with attaching the so called quick release props.
While I’m on here can someone give me some advice on which firmware version they think is the best one please? I just downloaded the latest version and haven’t flown it since I did but if there’s a better way to go let me know please. Thanks and keep flying .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chassee