Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Follow the road

Reaction score
Hi guys...

I have some jobs that require the drone to fly following a road automatically with waypoints previously made in Google Earth. I tested the DJI GS PRO as soon as it was released. But I do not think that works for me. Well, the drone stops at every waypoint. On a road that has many curves the flight logistics is totally compromised, because the drone will have many stops and starts.

I tested Autopilot. At first it is even good to follow a road. You can import the kmz made in Google Earth directly into the app. But there must be some difference in the map used in Autopilot in relation to Google Earth coordinates. Because when the file is imported into the app, the line drawn differs from what you did.

I just need the drone to follow the line of the road with the camera pointed straight down, vertically relative to the road axis. Could any other application do this? Some help?

thank you.

You could try the litchi app, the have an online map that allows you to create a waypoint mission then download to the app. I believe you will have to input all the points manually.

From Reviews I read Litchi 'sort' of works. Comments I have seen that it has some pretty heavy bugs in the system yet. I may be wrong, or the latest version might be better?

-Cody

Reactions: jb2k
Give litchi a try. Or set the way points during flight in Autopilot and then control the flight path as a cable cam

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Can I import kml file on Litchi? It's so much easier to draw a path on Google Earth than point per point on app

Is it possible to actually fly the route earlier to store the way points?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I've used Autopilot and find it quite accurate, but I prepare the waypoints in the app itself, using the large screen on the iPad Pro.

Reactions: Getting the Shot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen