Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fpv Cable

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can pick up a cable in the U.K. suitable for connecting to the spare port in the nose cone to add fpv for an Inspire 1?
What type port is it? I am yet to open it up.

Cheers

This one is the cable you need, have bought and tested. IRC Tramp HV Camera Cable - 4 Pin HS1177 [TMP-CAM-HS1177] - $4.99 : Ready Made RC LLC, The Leader in All Things FPV, RC, and Beyond
You have to see for yourself tho if you find it in a UK webshop.
But my main concern with that port is that it doesnt have high enough voltage or amps for handelig a fpv cam.
I was wondering the same, did the provided amps are enough to feed video transmitter and camera? Couldn't find any info about that port and decided to go with external battery to feed the vtx and camera.
I'm using 800mah 2S battery with great success.

I was wondering the same, did the provided amps are enough to feed video transmitter and camera? Couldn't find any info about that port and decided to go with external battery to feed the vtx and camera.
I'm using 800mah 2S battery with great success.

I looked at solutions from websites that offers a complete fpv installation via that port. And they had it connected on the far right port and ground on another wire. I measured the voltage to be at 6V DC. I have vtx and cam ready to be installed. But the reason im holding back and considering an external battery install is because of the amps. Lower voltage automatically draw more amps. And since this installation draw power from what I think is the flightcontroller, it would be real stupid drawing more amps than it could supply.

Ofc, I can always hook it up and test it on the ground. But for now im waiting.

Reactions: Blacksails and niki
Ah, excellent points! I hadn't even considered this as I was just beginning to look into it. I certainly don't want to risk stressing the system pulling too much

Ah, excellent points! I hadn't even considered this as I was just beginning to look into it. I certainly don't want to risk stressing the system pulling too much

It should go fine, since many companies offer "fpv solutions" that include this way of installing it.
http://www.dslrpros.com/pdfs/diy-inspire-fpv-install.pdf

If you decide to go for it, do some research. But the cable linked above is the one you need to be able to connect it up. And hooking this up yourself is quite cheaper than buying these plug and play solutions as DSLRpros offer.

Good luck on your installations!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BetseyHene