Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Getting slight vibrations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wallie78, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Wallie78

Hi Guys,

So I have been getting these slight vibrations in my video recently, only if I am yawing by circling something or panning the gimbal left or right when moving.

I tightened inside the arms and purchased new props to rule out those 2 things and I use correct ND's also but just seems weird I am getting this now.

I am hoping it's just a gimbal issue and I can replace this and not a craft issue...

Anyone had this issue and got any other ideas to troubleshoot?

2. unyks

Check if the props are balanced, also the gimbal/camera...

Chris

3. Wallie78

Purchased new props to rule that out....Did a gimbal calibration also??

4. unyks

Even the new DJI props need to be balanced, the ones I purchased so far had at least 2 out of four which needed some sanding.

If you switch your inspire off and the camera / gimbal flips down on 1 side then you have to attach some weight to balance it.

Check this video out:

Even if it is not the source of your vibrations the gimbal motors will thank you :)

Chris

5. DodgeP

You need a prop balancer and you need to balance your props.

6. Ryan Van Scotter

Most rotorcraft have a natural harmonic, Bell H1 Huey's were notorious for a 1:1 harmonic thump that shook the hell out of things. Most crew chiefs were able to reduce the vibration to a minimum, but and out of phase rotor balance would shake it apart. That aid I have no idea what natural harmonic an Inspire has, but I recon that 4 two blades props creates an unusual phenomena, and when you yaw the aircraft it could easily exacerbate the affect.

7. lake_flyer

I've seen heli's literally shaken into pieces, fortunately only on instruction videos.

The only good vibrations are good, good, good, good vibrations! BB's knew what they were singing about :)

8. lake_flyer

Good advice, however, the standard DJI props (for the P series as well) are almost perfect. At least, none of my blades ever needed extreme balancing. I could improve just so little.
    It shouldn't be that of an issue with original blades and smooth running motors.