Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Good Service from DJI Europe (NL) and little frustration

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by Scotflieger, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Scotflieger

While participating in the recent beta programme, my I1 reported a baro fault. DJI beta team arranged a fast track repair to the new DJI Europe repair facility in the Netherlands. In as little as 2 weeks (most of it in transit), I received my I1 back today with the Flight Controller replaced and FW 1.3.0.0 installed. Great service.

Suffering from withdrawal symptoms, I quickly unpacked it and, after sorting out the RC firmware, I updated the gimbal/camera and battery firmware to 1.3.0.0. Right ready to fly I thought. No. Doing my pre-flight checks I found there was no video signal and no sensor data display (just blank fields). I raised a detailed email report to DJI and then in frustration I re-formated a different MicroSD with the aim of trying to downgrade to 1.2.1.6. At this point the video signal came back and checking the sensor page I had a full set of valid data. The only variable between the 2 states was no firmware on the MicroSD card after the reformat. I have since completed 2 flights with no problems. Interestingly, video and stills were recorded both before and after the I1 corrected itself. I am still scratching my head as to the cause of the problem. Apology email sent to DJI.

As an aside I was asked to active my I1 with the new GO app again. This allowed me to change my I1's name - to what my wife calls it - Beastie.

2. huppe

I think you did send your Inspire to my dealer.They were talking about you when I mentioned your charger for the batteries which they send you

3. Aviator

I would suspect the App rather than the Aircraft.
    I know that when the RC reset patch is applied, it is often necessary to delete the existing App and re-install it to clear the existing App memory (cache).
    Just a thought..

Scotflieger likes this.
  4. Scotflieger

My ears are burning. I have had to recently send 2 parcels to the Netherlands. It is very expensive, long-winded and subject to delays at the Channel Tunnel. Why can't we have a service centre in the UK.

5. huppe

I just ordered a Inspirecase from the UK and I got this in 4 days.And yes I hope that there will be a servicecenter in the UK.At least I'm looking for some good dealers,because in 8 days I will go to the UK for 3 weeks.So you will be warned for an increase of Inspire flights in your country.:):):)

Scotflieger likes this.
  6. Scotflieger

I did that and flew another successful flight. I previously had 2 beta builds installed so a clean install was a good idea.

7. lake_flyer

Is that Droneland?

8. huppe

Yes it is.

lake_flyer likes this.
  9. lake_flyer

great, they're very close :)

10. huppe

Very happy with them and have a lot of items on stock.