Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Got so bored of all the white privileges.....

Reaction score
I see a red door and I want to paint it black.....

This happened today, unexpectedly.
799426b461fb27804c39451b59fbe92d.jpg

Since I was lucky enough to receive a crashed (partly parted) bird my friend had in his garage I have two sets of all the plastics on the inspire so I simply decided to experiment, I bought this can at some local rc hobby store and I love the outcome, eexept I might have to add a layer of something to make it more durables, I'm not sure of this, but more afraid that it might show scratches easily. It happens when matte finish is what you're after I think.

I don't know where I can buy plastic dip in my isolated location. But this crap probably whashes easily off with some "environmental " friendly chemicals [emoji23]
61d8fc0130a56956121064aa86069ce0.jpg

I've done things like this with plasti-dip spray can; that way when you're bored with one colour; peel and put on a new one..fairly common in with cars.

Love plasti-dip! Used matte black on my Phantom 1 and 2. Recently did some detail work on my car with plasti-dip. Had some silver trim pieces that were badly scratched, plasti-dipped them black to cover the blemishes and they now like they're standard black trim fresh off the factory line. Works like magic.

Have never gone through the removal process though...

Reactions: mpaerial
Rubbed it down to remove all the shine then spayed it.

Attachments

• IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    901 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    801.5 KB · Views: 26
I'm going to ask what's probably a dumb question. How did you get such a clean paint job without spraying any critical parts? Remove the body parts and spray them separately? Mask off the lights on the batteries, etc.? I've never removed the body parts so don't know what's involved.

I'm going to ask what's probably a dumb question. How did you get such a clean paint job without spraying any critical parts? Remove the body parts and spray them separately? Mask off the lights on the batteries, etc.? I've never removed the body parts so don't know what's involved.
I bought all the shell as spares which is quite cheap and saves all the grief of trying to mask it whole thing. I rubbed it down with a rubber abrasive block to remove the shine once that was done then sprayed a few coats and it's really easy to fit the shell back. I hope that helps

I removed all the parts. Its really not much of a problem. You'll have to remove the gimbal parts to get the nose off. Other than that it was just easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thefollower