Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

GPC cases - What you should know

Reaction score
I recently got a GPC landing mode case.
WOW! Impeccable build and top grade materials.
But what I failed to realize was the SIZE!!
It's huge! I am returning it because it is too large for me to use. I read that their Landing mode case was only 6% bigger than the Travel mode model. I mistook that to mean 6% bigger than the stock case.
Wrong.....
So, here are a few pictures of them side by side. Had I seen a picture like this, I would have realized just how huge this beast is.
I am in no way bashing GPC. They make awesome cases. I have had a few before.
Just sharing experience.
P1080345.JPG P1080346.JPG P1080347.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, the landing mode hard case is large, and as you said it has an impeccable build. Here is what I have done to have in my mind a truly versatile system. I also purchased the GPC travel mode back pack that fits inside the landing mode hard case. If I need complete protection I put the back pack inside the hard case and have room to spare. If i don't need that amount of protection I just use the back pack which is slightly larger than the stock case.

P1000796.jpg P1000797.jpg P1000798.jpg

Reactions: utcinema
I wish GPC would take better advantage of the lower portion of the case. There is quite a bit of space lower that is not being used. Also hope they bring out a new foam set variation to accommodate 2 CrystalSky units.

I'm very curious as to your thoughts on the hprc compared the custom peli you offer? I sent an email enquiring recently but have not had a response.

Cheers

Reactions: Advexure
I've used that GPC case for about 2 years now with my Inspire 1. It is large and heavy.

GPC make very solid cases that can take a beating. The cutouts are perfect and well thought out. The I2 landing mode case can hold up to 6 sets of batteries, two charging hubs, two controllers along with everything else. It gets pretty **** heavy and it is big but everything is safely in there. Get the optional locking TSA travel latches.

Reactions: theirishdroneranger
Think it's time to upgrade. Looking at GPC vs HPRC. Particularly the square version from HPRC. Anyone have that one? Thoughts?

I think Advexure should be able to guide you from first hand experience.

Personally I'm about to purchase the hprc square version. [emoji1]

Yessir I talked with them the other day and I'm going to go see the square version in person at their place on Wednesday I think. Got good information. Was just looking for additional feedback and remarks on that case.

Any reviews or specific info that sold u?

Yessir I talked with them the other day and I'm going to go see the square version in purchase on Wednesday I think. Got good information. Was just looking for additional feedback and remarks on that case.
Personally, I don't like the skb cases fixtures and fittings, handles etc. I think the hprc seem a little step up in case quality.

Reactions: mpaerial
If you're looking at the HPRC cases, then from experience with their bigger I2 model, I'd purchase the smaller, squarer one. I find the big one has an incredible amount of wasted space in it and in all honesty it doesn't actually manage to pack away that much more than the I2's original DJI case. Ok, you can get a couple of extra batteries in it and some lenses. You've then a choice of either a 2nd RC or a couple of batteries and a small tray for bits n bobs at the bottom. As I've both an extra RC and extra batteries, fitting everything in is frustrating. The case's size makes it clumsy to manoeuvre by hand too. FWIW, given what MrX have managed to fit into the same case, HPRC have basically taken their I1 case layout and changed the cutouts to take the I2. They didn't put any real thought into the placement of the battery slots as the case could easily have taken several more with better placement.

I probably wouldn't buy HPRC's big landing mode case again - I'd go for something smaller like the square one and get an extra case to carry lenses/batteries in - it'd be a lot easier to move, transport etc.

having said that, it's a nice case and keeps everything neat and together and protects the aircraft nicely.

Thnaks for the insight NickU

If you're looking at the HPRC cases, then from experience with their bigger I2 model, I'd purchase the smaller, squarer one. I find the big one has an incredible amount of wasted space in it and in all honesty it doesn't actually manage to pack away that much more than the I2's original DJI case. Ok, you can get a couple of extra batteries in it and some lenses. You've then a choice of either a 2nd RC or a couple of batteries and a small tray for bits n bobs at the bottom. As I've both an extra RC and extra batteries, fitting everything in is frustrating. The case's size makes it clumsy to manoeuvre by hand too. FWIW, given what MrX have managed to fit into the same case, HPRC have basically taken their I1 case layout and changed the cutouts to take the I2. They didn't put any real thought into the placement of the battery slots as the case could easily have taken several more with better placement.

I probably wouldn't buy HPRC's big landing mode case again - I'd go for something smaller like the square one and get an extra case to carry lenses/batteries in - it'd be a lot easier to move, transport etc.

having said that, it's a nice case and keeps everything neat and together and protects the aircraft nicely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swast1930