Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ground based video to compliment aerial video

Reaction score
So I am being increasingly asked to provide ground based video (some with audio) to compliment video shot with the Inspire 2 (X5S). The types of video work I find am doing most of is sporting events, wake boarding, motocross etc which would involve, some close ups of equipment, capturing novice (slow) riders, short interview etc.

This leaves me with a dilemma which I am sure some of you have faced?

I've been looking at the DJI Osmo/Osmo+ as a reasonably priced option but that would be with the X3 or zoom since I don't have an X5, with decent external microphone. Good stabilisation, not the best camera...

Alternatively I've been looking at the Panasonic LUMIX G4H, or more likely the newer image stabilised G80 both of which have microphone input and of course can share my lenses from the X5S.

Final option, do a DJI special and put handles on the Inspire 2 and hand hold, with external audio recorder :)

Anyone with experience and guidance they can offer?

Last edited:
So I am being increasingly asked to provide ground based video (some with audio) to compliment video shot with the Inspire 2 (X5S). The types of video work I find am doing most of is sporting events, wake boarding, motocross etc which would involve, some close ups of equipment, capturing novice (slow) riders, short interview etc.

This leaves me with a dilemma which I am sure some of you have faced?

I've been looking at the DJI Osmo/Osmo+ as a reasonably priced option but that would be with the X3 or zoom since I don't have an X5, with decent external microphone. Good stabilisation, not the best camera...

Alternatively I've been looking at the Panasonic LUMIX G4H, or more likely the newer image stabilised G80 both of which have microphone input and of course can share my lenses from the X5S.

Final option, do a DJI special and put handles on the Inspire 2 and hand hold, with external audio recorder :)

Anyone with experience and guidance they can offer?

I use my 5D MarkIV for my ground shots but to be honest I have been thinking of using the Inspire 2 and hand hold it - just to test it out in production world, I am not doing any blockbuster movies or anything to that scale but mostly tourism travel stuff, corporate commercials and such. So I was gonna see if the hand hold approach would work on some shots - I know DJI launch and DJI Inspire 2 promo vids they did that but hey, they did that with a few of them and a full crew.

So I was wondering if anyone out there has really done this in "Production" --- thoughts..... :)

If done it with inspire 1!!

Doable BUT I wasnt doing it all the time

Would imagine a dedicated ground based set up would have better ergonomics than growing a third hand to adjust camera settings,view shot composition operate app etc whilst walking sideways doing a ninja with scolded feet impressions

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsmithp486