Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ground Station Pro

Reaction score
Anyone been using it in the real world? Good results?

I'm wondering how good of a tool it could be for business, mapping specifically. I have had a client ask about mapping an area, is GSPRO really as simple as defining the area?

I'll check Liychi out. Only problem is as part of our PfCO we have to record pilot hours via DJI Login, can you login through Litchi?

Not sure, but they link to healthy drones and they can output reports.

Not sure if you just need general reporting like we use for the FAA or something else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

Do what Im doing and use good old paper forms
That doesn't always work for "proof" with some insurance companies. That's why I like healthy drones because I use litchi mostly. Also I believe there's a way to output your flight logs with DJI, and if I'm correct, they are stored on the AC itself and are logged regardless of app used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

I'll check Liychi out. Only problem is as part of our PfCO we have to record pilot hours via DJI Login, can you login through Litchi?
The CAA do not stipulate HOW you record your flight logs. Only that you do.
I trust pen and paper far more than flakey DJI servers and (sometimes missing or non synced) flight records.

Flight logs are probably the only thing that we aren't reporting on paper! I thought i'd work with this method and see how we get on, we are a brand new business so things will naturally change.

Where did you get your paper logs that the FAA is accepting? I am trying to build our policies and procedures currently so we can begin conducting our training flights. We will be operating under a Jurisdictional COA for Class B, D, and G airspace. Thanks!

Is anyone out there using GS Pro regularly? I work for an aerial mapping firm as part of their drone team and have switch from MapsMadeEasy to DJIs automated software. I really liked everything MME had to offer but when the most recent firmware came out for the I1 it became very unreliable. Ive been using GS Pro exclusively now for about 2 months and have found it to be more reliable than the others. However, I keep getting over exposed photos even when AE is locked. Is anyone else experiencing this?

can someone post how to get flight logs out of GS Pro?
i am 1500 miles away from any sUAS so if i have to connects to the actual sUAS i will have to wait.

Also, how to get the actual flight records directly from the Inspire 1? Assistant 2 doesnt seem to work or i just dont know how?

thanks

Is anyone out there using GS Pro regularly? I work for an aerial mapping firm as part of their drone team and have switch from MapsMadeEasy to DJIs automated software. I really liked everything MME had to offer but when the most recent firmware came out for the I1 it became very unreliable. Ive been using GS Pro exclusively now for about 2 months and have found it to be more reliable than the others. However, I keep getting over exposed photos even when AE is locked. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yep, same here.

I'm finding the waypoints of GS Pro to be really nice. But it turns the pitch gimbal control into a position control instead of a rate control. It works with dual ops but, still, the gimbal pitch is positional. But the yaw remains a rate control! When the mission ends it goes right back to being a rate control. This is going to drive my camera op crazy if we have to use waypoints for a shoot. Is there a setting for this? It would be perfect with that change!

Do you guys use 'stop and hover' when taking photos for mapping?
I have a large area to map and I'd like to maximise flight time efficiency as much as I can.
Also what overlap do you guys usually use.
Thanks

Do you guys use 'stop and hover' when taking photos for mapping?
I have a large area to map and I'd like to maximise flight time efficiency as much as I can.
Also what overlap do you guys usually use.
Thanks
No, I've never used "stop and hover". It takes too much time and too many waypoints. Just ensure your shutter speed is fast enough.

I've been using Ground Station Pro for a few months. It has worked really nice for my mapping needs. There are a few little things I would change:

1. input values by keypad not slider and oddly placed +/- buttons
2. I haven't found a way to go make to my list of missions after I fly one mission. My work around has been to close to app and reload. Any thoughts?
3. The Inspire 2 faces the same way during the whole mission, not utilizing the front sensors when flying a line backward.
4. No histogram

Would love to discuss with others, especially if flying with an Inspire 2/Zenmuse x5s.

Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen