Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ground Station

never test 2 toys at once one failure never know wich once failed
Yeah. I know. They were relatively separate. I updated the firmware yesterday and played with the GS App some more. I think I'm going to stick with drone deploy for now but GS Pro looks promising.

Cheers,
I'm still yet to perform my first DroneDeploy flight. I work on offshore vessels and looking at performing 3D mapping of the ships I work on. Still building the confidence to let my drone fly autonomously over water :p

I'm with you. The first time I used it I was a little nervous. The PAF switch should give you some comfort though. Switch it off and you can assume control immediately. I'm entirely comfortable with DD at this point.

Ah nice.. The first time I used litchi I didn't realise i could program a minutes altitude and I nearly had it fly into the ground.. No ground out on the ocean! I guess I just need to do my first couple of flights with a good altitude buffer, then I'll slowly get it down just above water level for a proper 3d scan of the vessel

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I don't have the comparison data back from the survey crew yet but my initial impressions of the Aeropoints are positive. One of my 10 points didn't upload for processing but the rest were uploaded to Australia, processed, and returned as a csv file within about 2 hours. The limitation on the speed of processing appears to be the frequency at which the local base station makes data available.

I didn't end up using Ground Station Pro for the flight. I had some problems and a few messages about the firmware then decided to just use Drone Deploy so I could get my test of the Aeropoints finished. I will dig into it soon though.

I'm quite intrigued by these AeroPoints. If these work as well as advertised ... I think these could be a game-changer.
Would you be willing to post a bit of a review after you've used them for a while?

I'm quite intrigued by these AeroPoints. If these work as well as advertised ... I think these could be a game-changer.
Would you be willing to post a bit of a review after you've used them for a while?
Sure. Probably next week sometime. Initial impressions are positive.

Any ideas when GS Pro will support the I2?
I tried a couple days ago, it definitely works, but I didn't find out how to change focus, so the 3d mapping feature wasn't so useful because everything was out of focus completely. Waiting for 2nd controller to arrive in mail, I will try running dji go on one, gsp on other...

I posted a short review. You can find it in the surveying and mapping section.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet