Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello from Alaska

Reaction score
Been lurking awhile here looking for advice, started at the Phantom forums but finally decided to buy a good used Inspire 1 V2 because it just looked more professional.
After two weeks it finally arrived by mail, thankfully it was in an awesome GPC travel case.
Still trying to decide on the best tablet, looks like the Nexus 7 2013 version is best other than an Ipad.
Really doubtful i will fly it until late march or so until it gets above 40f, plus its too windy right now.
Just collecting extra props, chargers and stuff right now, my plan is to learn how to make those awesome videos in 4K with the background music.

Now i just found out its not a V2, kind of upsets me a bit, ebay seller said it was.
Now i want to see if its easy to convert it to the updated motors.

welcome and yeah sorry to have let ya down. the upgrade is fairly simple, but then again only really needed if you will be getting te heavier x5 camera

welcome and yeah sorry to have let ya down. the upgrade is fairly simple, but then again only really needed if you will be getting te heavier x5 camera
I'm just down the road from Big Lake turnoff north of the Parks hiway, you know, about 11 miles north of Wasilla. I manage a concrete batch plant during the warmer seasons.

Looks like the X5 is a fine camera but far beyond my current ability to use it to its full potential. I really wanted the Phantom 4 Pro but i was on a budget, company paid for this, its a curiosity type of a project to do posters and maybe some video of our fleet of concrete mixers and concrete boom pumps in action here in Alaska. I won't be traveling with it, way too big, would buy a Mavic Pro for that.

yeah X5 overkill then if you not doing pro work. X3 still a great camera and you will be happy. by the way tip if doing firmware updates. do the Inspire first with remote off, and fully wait until it done ( has a special tone) then turn it off and update the remote. a lot of people mess up and do the remote first or do with both on an it screws everything up

yeah X5 overkill then if you not doing pro work. X3 still a great camera and you will be happy. by the way tip if doing firmware updates. do the Inspire first with remote off, and fully wait until it done ( has a special tone) then turn it off and update the remote. a lot of people mess up and do the remote first or do with both on an it screws everything up
Thanks will look into that. I'm using my Samsung S7 Edge phone right now, hoing to buy a Nexus 7 2nd gen 32gig tablet soon, read its a very goot tablet to use. Opinion?

I have the Samsung Tab S2 8in tablet and has been fine for me. it is a dedicated tablet only for the inspire so i deleted everything not needed and only run the DJI GO app. unsure of the Nexus but others may chime in

I have the Samsung Tab S2 8in tablet and has been fine for me. it is a dedicated tablet only for the inspire so i deleted everything not needed and only run the DJI GO app. unsure of the Nexus but others may chime in
Someone posted a page of recent compatible devices and other than the Ipads and the Crystalsky the Nexus 7 2013 version was rated pretty good. I could buy the Ipad if needed but i have been and currently using right now a 12.2 inch Tab Pro, bit too big for the remote though.

I have time on my hands, its around zero degrees and windy here in Alaska, won't even be until next month its even close to 40 above. I have no need to fly right now though it would be really awesome if i were some place warmer to have fun with it. I bidded on quite a few of those Nexus 7 tablets on Ebay, they usually sell under $75. When i go back to work in April I'll probably bite the bullet and buy an Ipad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stonecentreaus