Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Help with motion blurr

Discussion in 'Zenmuse X5' started by JAG1, Jul 7, 2016.

1. JAG1

hi, I'm getting motion blur on the turns when I film in auto / standard settings (im a newbie) how do I stop this? a friend wants me to film at his motor cross track at the weekend and I know there will be lots of motion blur when trying to track the bikes! so I need to get this dialled out! BTW this is with a X5.

many thanks

2. gruvpix

Shoot at 1080p60 at 1/120 shutter.

3. DodgeP

You're probably gonna need filters as well (most likely a ND16) if you're shooting in the middle of the day because most likely you'll be overexposed without one and you'll want to keep that shutterspeed in the sweet spot.

IrishHeights likes this.
  4. DodgeP

@JAG1 - This video tutorial covers just about every topic mentioned in this thread.

5. JAG1

thanks mate

6. niki

I'm still trying to choose my sweet point and for now I like most shooting at 30fps, 1/240, F7.1 using variable ND filter.

7. Tubbyengineer

As a rule of thumb your shutter speed should be double your frame rate so at 25fps you be looking at 1/50th shutter speed, I also found MP4 format to give less blur than mov but that could be an issue with some thing on my computer or with the camera - I'd suggest doing some short test shots with your inspire on a table, pick different settings then pan the gimbal round, this should help you dial in the basic settings that work best for you...