Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Help with quote

Agreed with VLOS, I thought I read somewhere that if you in a 'no population' area FAA wasn't concerned about the VLOS. I'm probably wrong. Plus if you're in a MOA, then yea, you have to be LOS so you can take evasive actions if necessary.

If that were the case then a waiver would not be required to fly BVLOS.

Agreed with VLOS, I thought I read somewhere that if you in a 'no population' area FAA wasn't concerned about the VLOS. I'm probably wrong. Plus if you're in a MOA, then yea, you have to be LOS so you can take evasive actions if necessary.

"I thought I read somewhere that if you in a 'no population' area FAA wasn't concerned about the VLOS" Let's avoid posting misinformation.

No such exemption in the FAR:

§ 107.31 Visual line of sight aircraft operation.
(a) With vision that is unaided by any device other than corrective lenses, the remote pilot in command, the visual observer (if one is used), and the person manipulating the flight control of the small unmanned aircraft system must be able to see the unmanned aircraft throughout the entire flight in order to:

(1) Know the unmanned aircraft's location;

(2) Determine the unmanned aircraft's attitude, altitude, and direction of flight;

(3) Observe the airspace for other air traffic or hazards; and

(4) Determine that the unmanned aircraft does not endanger the life or property of another.

(b) Throughout the entire flight of the small unmanned aircraft, the ability described in paragraph (a) of this section must be exercised by either:

(1) The remote pilot in command and the person manipulating the flight controls of the small unmanned aircraft system; or

(2) A visual observer.

Yup, you're right. Where I read that was in the rules for France (don't ask me why I was reading that)... It looks like they allow it, or at least discussed allowing BVLOS over unpopulated areas. It only make sense since that is purely a safety rule.

Deliver geodetically referenced aerial survey video and optional multi-spectral imagery
Dont forget if they ask for "geodetically referenced" that would normally include ground control point from a survey grade system such as a trimble Geo 6000 / 7 which will add to the equation also. We would also go down the UGCS ground control system use, together with GIS for reporting, so a lot more than just the drone!

We do a lot of mapping (as thats our main job) and have never done surveys at 25ft AGL, we normally run at 100-150ft with a 12mm lens, and can get 1px/cm definition. Without knowing more about your application I wouldn't be happy commenting further.

OK, Bid is in. I subbed out the aerial LiDAR, Ortho, Topo, and DTM. The Searching/Surveying was quoted and I planned on 6-8 months approx. for completion based on 5 days per week and 10 hrs per day. This was huge. I am hoping I get it. As for authorization it is still Class G Airspace but in a "Restricted" zone. Therefore all I will need is approval from the governing agency. Thanks for everyone's help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu