Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I am new to drone flying. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Please read.

I HIGHLY recommend you cut your teeth on a cheap drone in an open field. The controls for the small, cheap drones are exactly the same as the controls for your expensive drone. I would NOT launch that expensive drone until you are fully comfortable flying a drone in ATTI mode on a windy day.

D
Exactly! My S900 ended up in bits because it went into ATTI mode and I sucked at being a pilot.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Gracias. Otra pregunta con respecto al enlace múltiple: ¿es imprescindible o no para conectar los 2 controladores?
necesito desbloquear un dji mavic 2 zoom permanentemente para poder volar en área restringida, como lo hago o que código le pongo.
Gracias

Looks pretty complete. The only other thing would be a Cendense radio. I am not a fan of the I2 radio. Looks like a 2 radio setup. Not sure if you will need to use it with a camera guy. Also, since DJI dumped their promise for providing retro-Remote ID for the I2, you will likely need to think about adding a 3rd party unit in the next 6 months to satisfy the FAA.
I'm just curious, what is it that you do not like about the original I2 radio. I use it and have no complaints. Never thought about upgrading to the cendence radio.

necesito desbloquear un dji mavic 2 zoom permanentemente para poder volar en área restringida, como lo hago o que código le pongo.
Gracias
Firmvér dronu musí byť hacknutý. Existuje niekoľko rôznych spôsobov, ako to urobiť.

D

Where are you? Maybe someone nearby could help.
Norcal Area 10 miles south of san francisco. Is it still likely to crash piloted by inexperienced noobie even with GPS mode enabled? Also, I noticed the micro SD and filters are not listed as part of my kit. Are the micro SD card and filters necessary or just optional? Thanks.

Norcal Area 10 miles south of san francisco. Is it still likely to crash piloted by inexperienced noobie even with GPS mode enabled? Also, I noticed the micro SD and filters are not listed as part of my kit. Are the micro SD card and filters necessary or just optional? Thanks.
Sd card, yes, if you want to save your images. No if you just want to fly and see if stuff works. Filters are not needed at all in many opinions. Some like them, some don’t. I never use them.

If everything is right and nothing malfunctions you would probably be fine but if there is a problem and she goes into atti mode mid flight you need to know what you are doing to bring it home. Practice on a simulator or even a cheap $25 walmart toy drone just to get a feel for the sticks.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Norcal Area 10 miles south of san francisco. Is it still likely to crash piloted by inexperienced noobie even with GPS mode enabled?
The entire point of honing your flying skills on a smaller, cheaper drone is to be able to pilot the drone sans GPS. The Inspire 2 GPS/Tx/Rx are no better than the Inspire 1. So I would NOT fly without the ability to pilot the drone sans GPS.

Also, I noticed the micro SD and filters are not listed as part of my kit. Are the micro SD card and filters necessary or just optional? Thanks.
I would want to test full functionality, which includes the MicroSD card (photos and video).

If your camera has a variable aperture, no ND filters are needed. Some may argue that ND filters can help keep the aperture in the "sweet spot" to avoid aberrations which may occur at the extreme ends of the exposure spectrum. I believe the sweet spot is around f/5 for most cameras, if memory serves.

But honestly, for your FIRST flight I wouldn't even mount the camera. The Inspire 2 has a built-in FPV camera, so I would probably just use that for your first flights. Once you're comfortable flying the Inspire 2, then kit it up so you can test the cinematography facets of the drone's capabilities.

D

Reactions: Slozukimc
The slave controller’s antenna won’t stay straight when I try to stand them up. They continue to be bent at the articulating joint near the base where it meets the controller. Is this malfunction or..?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElwoodLope