Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I have ordered my Inspire 2

Reaction score
Hi all pleased to announce just ordered the inspire 2 with x5s due to be shipped tomorrow from China anyone know shipping times to U.K. Via dhl air

Cheers

Hi all pleased to announce just ordered the inspire 2 with x5s due to be shipped tomorrow from China anyone know shipping times to U.K. Via dhl air

Cheers
I have changed your thread title to something a little more descriptive than 'Inspire 2'

With regards to shipping times from China to the UK.
That will depend.......
On what level of shipping you paid for
Whether customs decide they are interested in it or not
Whether the carrier decide it wouldn't be transported via air due to Lipo restrictions and how many you have ordered and are packaged.
If you have ordered it direct from DJI it won't be coming from China but from Europe.

Reactions: F3honda4me
Many thanks for the input and changing the heading/ title

I ordered from a supplier in china due to getting slightly cheaper shipping was 145 dollars so not sure so don't think it's going to be 6 weeks lol

Many thanks for the input and changing the heading/ title

I ordered from a supplier in china due to getting slightly cheaper shipping was 145 dollars so not sure so don't think it's going to be 6 weeks lol
Just be careful - you may think you have saved a few bucks but if this gets stopped in customs you will get charged import duty/VAT etc that will put at least 20% on the price.
If the dealer is sending this DHL air and has not got clearance for the Lipos the shipment will probably be stopped.
Don't want to scare you but, you really need to make sure their shipping is as they say it will be and customs/duties/tax and DHL admin expenses are covered.
A lot of dodgy Chinese dealers don't care and will try and just send high capacity lipos by air which you just can't do anymore.

I know in the USA the seller has to be on the DJI approved list for any warranty work. Don't know if they will repair it for money if it wasn't a legal import. Nikon USA was pretty bad about the gray market stuff and refused even paying them to fix it for years. No parts either. Don't know what their policy is now.

I'm still looking for a decent USA dealer for the Inspire 2. Some of them sell "As is" with zero help if you get a bad one. Others require you to pay shipping for returns and exchanges which run up to about $100 with an Inspire. Some want high 20% restocking fees, etc. Others refuse to answer questions on the sale. Others ignore after the sale. And DJI isn't exactly stellar on their quality control either.

Best one I've found is Best Buy where you can get your money back on lemons or exchange the entire rig within 15 days if something isn't right, but no Inspire 2 is sold there yet. Some of Amazon's third party sellers are pretty odd in their sales terms too. Like unopened boxes or pay a 15% restock fee, "How do you know if it works without opening one?" What a deal!

More odd is if you look at seller's on Amazon selling them, one of the 3rd parties is DJI themselves and they have the lowest rating at 85% too shown below. Go figger!

Attachments

• Amazon-Inspire-2-Dealer-Ratings.jpg
    Amazon-Inspire-2-Dealer-Ratings.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 16
Hi Casey I looked into the grey area regarding warranty and if you look on the dji website warranty is covered in country of purchase i.e. In my case china so would have to go back to supplier

But when you look at where dji Europe is based i.e. There repair centres as far as I can work out there's 2 Netherlands and Spain so units have to be returned there warranty is 12 months
Anyways looking at dji care that covers you for any breakages which I'd be getting anyhow and is honoured in place of of purchase which would be the uk so this would be covered in uk which is more likely going to happen fingers crossed

Let's face it warranty returns either way is going to be a months notice which ever way I go

Pete

As for shipping times I've contacted supplier hopefully to get an update soon this coming morning

I know in the USA the seller has to be on the DJI approved list for any warranty work. Don't know if they will repair it for money if it wasn't a legal import. Nikon USA was pretty bad about the gray market stuff and refused even paying them to fix it for years. No parts either. Don't know what their policy is now.

DJI has really been cracking down on unauthorized selling. You are 100% correct, if the seller/dealer/supplier/retailer is not listed on DJI's list of authorized retailers you WILL NOT have a valid warranty. Be very careful and do your research as DJI product is becoming the target of more and more black market sales that leave the buyer in a dark hole. Once again, do your research.

Reactions: Lesmess
its a mind field really warranties delivery times trusted vendors the list is endless lol
the problem ive got over here dji havent got a uk office or repair centre
so any of these have to go over seas as i mentioned spain or holland so the down time can be horrific
anyways ive commited now fingers and toes crossed

its a mind field really warranties delivery times trusted vendors the list is endless lol
the problem ive got over here dji havent got a uk office or repair centre
so any of these have to go over seas as i mentioned spain or holland so the down time can be horrific
anyways ive commited now fingers and toes crossed

Yes, we're very lucky having the DJI Service Center right now the road. Enjoy your I2 and safe and happy flying!

Yes you are lol what's the turn around times there on warranty returns ???

There are some we can push through within a day or two. One day transit in from our LA location, 1 day at the Service Center (as long as we follow-up right when it's received to get it checked into the queue), next day on its way back. That is pretty standard for most now but I'd say on average 2-3 days. It's not everyday they can get things processed same day.

Kool looks like you've got it sorted over there hopefully dji will get there act together and get this situation sorted as there aftercare is pretty poor in a lot of areas

Thanks again for your input and good luck with the sales

Reactions: Advexure
There are some we can push through within a day or two. One day transit in from our LA location, 1 day at the Service Center (as long as we follow-up right when it's received to get it checked into the queue), next day on its way back. That is pretty standard for most now but I'd say on average 2-3 days. It's not everyday they can get things processed same day.

With that close of access to DJI, it looks like you are now my new best friend.. ;) I am going to need to start buying a few things from you.. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelaOrita