Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I want the Osmo+, however...

Reaction score
Hello! So I want to make hiking+timelapse videos as a hobby and interested in the Osmo Plus. I have the DJI Mavic and absolutely love it; I want to love the Osmo, but I've read so many mixed reviews & major flaws (mainly amazing hardware BUT is the software is very glitchy+unuseable) of the Osmo. I have a few questions:

1) I use to fly the DJI Mavic with my Android Nexus 6p; the Go4 app constantly crashed. Now I use an ipad mini and no issues. That being said, do other Android & Apple users have any issuses with the Go4 app & Osmo?

2) I've heard connecting your phone via wifi (or is it bluetooth?) with the Osmo is very unreliable & slow.

3) How's the battery when shooting 4k? A lot of people have complained that in reality, you ONLY get ~8 min of 4k footage per battery.

Your help would be much appreciated; the footage from the Osmo Plus seems very impressive, however, it seems like a hassle just to get it to work as how it is advertised. I honestly have no idea which reviewer to trust, it really seems 50/50 to me, thus I'm skeptical with dropping ~$600-700 on the Osmo Plus.

I want to make 4k nature+timelapse videos as a hobby; I currently have the DJI Mavic & want to purchase a handheld+portable gimbal. I've spent a lot of time reading about the Osmo Plus, read/seen amazing things about the hardware & footage; however, there appears to be a lot of glitchy software, issues connecting the phone to the Osmo, app issues, etc.

What are your thoughts with using a GoPro Hero 5 with the Osmo Mobile instead of the Osmo Plus? Here's my reason behind combining the two:

1) I have the Nexus 6p (android phone) & when I used it to fly my Dji Mavic, the Go4 app crashed multiple times which got super frustrating; thus I bought a ipad mini & no issues since. I don't want to buy an iPhone just to use the Osmo, thus want to use a GoPro Hero 5 which has a built in monitor for me to see what I'm filming.

2) I've heard waiting for wifi (or bluetooth???) to connect your phone with the Osmo Mobile/Plus can be a hassle, thus again the Gopro monitor allows me to use the Osmo without wasting time getting the phone & app set up.

My main concerns with the Osmo is using the Go4 app on my Android & wasting time connecting my Android to the Osmo

The questions I had:

1) What features am I missing out on the Go4 app if I use a Gopro+Osmo mobile (without the app) versus phone+Osmo Plus (with the app)? I want to do panning time lapses, but I can just buy a Timelapse accessory for $20 for the gopro for the same results, right?

2) Any recommendations for portable gimbals for a hobbylist like me? Thoughts on the GoPro Grip? Thrid party camera stabilizers?

upload_2017-5-13_3-28-3.png
upload_2017-5-13_3-34-30.png

Hello! So I want to make hiking+timelapse videos as a hobby and interested in the Osmo Plus. I have the DJI Mavic and absolutely love it; I want to love the Osmo, but I've read so many mixed reviews & major flaws (mainly amazing hardware BUT is the software is very glitchy+unuseable) of the Osmo. I have a few questions:

1) I use to fly the DJI Mavic with my Android Nexus 6p; the Go4 app constantly crashed. Now I use an ipad mini and no issues. That being said, do other Android & Apple users have any issuses with the Go4 app & Osmo?

2) I've heard connecting your phone via wifi (or is it bluetooth?) with the Osmo is very unreliable & slow.

3) How's the battery when shooting 4k? A lot of people have complained that in reality, you ONLY get ~8 min of 4k footage per battery.

Your help would be much appreciated; the footage from the Osmo Plus seems very impressive, however, it seems like a hassle just to get it to work as how it is advertised. I honestly have no idea which reviewer to trust, it really seems 50/50 to me, thus I'm skeptical with dropping ~$600-700 on the Osmo Plus.
I have merged your two threads/posts since they are effectively the same thing!
Please do not double post - thank you.

I got an Osmo+ from Advexure prior to a trip to Florida last week as I wanted something handheld that I could use while boating. I've been impressed with DJI products and since I got my Mavic back in the late fall and enjoy the Osmo as well. I'm just not sure I'll get a whole lot of use out of it as my wife and I don't do a whole lot of moving around these days except for a trip here and there as she is recovering from hip replacement and we're trying to take it easy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shefy