Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I was threatened with a lawsuit today..

I am now pleased that I live in Sweden when we have got new laws since February 1. Have been forbidden to photograph with drones for a year here.
Today you do not need license to fly either privately or commercially, but you need insurance on commercial flights.

Actually, the only thing about people and their property that we need to keep up with, is that you shall not fly or photograph in an abusive manner.
If any are nude-sunbathing in their backyard, you do retouching and remove the person before the photo is spread.. e.g. and you do not fly closer and violate the person.

The only downside we have is that if pictures or movies are to be posted online or to spread, they must be submitted to the authority for review before. It takes 2-3 days to get answers from them.
It may be a threat to the security of the nation otherwise ... :) Think any nations have enough satellite images to get their information anyway.
I think I will move to Sweden;).Any restrictions distance /or heightwise?

I think I will move to Sweden;).Any restrictions distance /or heightwise?

Yes, you can fly 120 meters high and within sight (500m) without special permission.
But I have never had to go beyond those restrictions .. to get what is needed for my clients.

Google translate on some of the new rules..
Google Översätt

"Fly drunks" ...... :D :D :D Love google translate. ;)

Twice I’ve had problems with people. First one I was able to calm the person. Even when they are being irrational it’s good to stay calm and polite. Second one I called the cops while the person was yelling at me. They show up he’s still yelling. They gave him two options,get out of there and leave me alone or you’re going to jail. He starts yelling again that they can’t do that and I should be the one going to jail. He finally shut his mouth when the taser was unholstered and pointed at him. He was taken to jail and booked on an M2. Usually most people are just curious and I show them the bird and anything they want to know about and most are pleasantly surprised and impressed by the end of the conversation. Majority of the people in my area are ok with drones but there are a few that are not.

Reactions: DaBone and David E.
They gave him two options,get out of there and leave me alone or you’re going to jail. He starts yelling again that they can’t do that and I should be the one going to jail. He finally shut his mouth when the taser was unholstered and pointed at him. He was taken to jail and booked on an M2.

LMAO :D:D:D

Yes, you can fly 120 meters high and within sight (500m) without special permission.
But I have never had to go beyond those restrictions .. to get what is needed for my clients.

Google translate on some of the new rules..
Google Översätt

"Fly drunks" ...... :D :D :D Love google translate. ;)
Good distances.Right now we are restricted to 30 mtrs up and 100 mtrs away.Really hate this.
So I might move to Sweden:)

Reactions: DaBone
I think the public freaks out because in their mind they feel that their privacy is becoming less everyday. Old folks for instance are not use to technology they are not as open minded as a young person. It takes time for people to embrace change.
That's BULL Chit!! lol I'm 77 and fly all over Florida and the ones that as me anything about being legal is people in their 30's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mb920questions