Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 Range?

Reaction score
Just got a I2 and was curious about the range, when standing on ground at sea level flying in a fairly metro area if i bring the bird up to 400 ft and fly it straight out i get about 3000ft then start getting video interference and errors, i believe the I2 is set to 5.8ghz, not sure if it switches to 2.4 on its own if need be or maybe 2.4 is just better to use, thoughts?

Just got a I2 and was curious about the range, when standing on ground at sea level flying in a fairly metro area if i bring the bird up to 400 ft and fly it straight out i get about 3000ft then start getting video interference and errors, i believe the I2 is set to 5.8ghz, not sure if it switches to 2.4 on its own if need be or maybe 2.4 is just better to use, thoughts?
So these threads didn't help,then?
Disappointing Range
Inspire 2 range

I have the same. Switch manually to 2.4 and that works a lot better.
Dunno why it always starts at 5.8

Put the HD video on custom mode and pick a clear 2.4G channel before flying and test your range again. See what you get and report back.

I fly in custom (manual mode) always since last year with my Inspire 1. So I do the same with my Inspire 2 also.

Rich

Reactions: Oyibo VFX

just a thought what tablet device are you using as i believe that there some issues with some devices namely android devices as i have experienced the same problems!!

Interesting. I use a pair of wind surfers on my I2 remote and have gotten some very good distances as well as speeds. Running CF blades as well.

Attachments

• Inspire 2.PNG
    Inspire 2.PNG
    512.1 KB · Views: 63
Impressive!!
Do you have a link for the wind surfers and dose it require cracking the case open etc?

just a thought what tablet device are you using as i believe that there some issues with some devices namely android devices as i have experienced the same problems!!
Sorry, I spend more time on the DJI forum site.
I use only iPad mini4, iPhone 7 and iPad Pro 10.5. So no Android issues on my end
Rich

No the Inspire will not switch between bands 5.8 / 2.4. my experience is that it would search to a clear channel on the same band only. I use custom mode (manual) and pick a clear channel where I am flying. I have found that 5.8 is not as good as 2.4 range wise (IMO)
Rich

No the Inspire will not switch between bands 5.8 / 2.4. my experience is that it would search to a clear channel on the same band only. I use custom mode (manual) and pick a clear channel where I am flying. I have found that 5.8 is not as good as 2.4 range wise (IMO)
Rich

Are you saying it doesn't switch automatically?

Are you saying it doesn't switch automatically?
Sorry, I missed your question. I have found the I2 does not switch between bands automatically. Whichever band you start on for a given flight, is the band it will stay on. You have to manually change to a different band.

This is based on my experience so far.
Rich

Reactions: deltalimatango

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam