Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Image on Slave remote iPad Glitchy.

Reaction score
Website
www.twentytwentydrones.com
Any help on the following issue would be greatly appreciated?

I have an iPad Pro 9.7". Both iOS and DJI app are up to date.

When using the iPad on the primary controller when flying solo, the image is always fine.

When the iPad is used on the Slave controller for my second to operate the camera, it glitches loads.
Sometimes to the point that you can't see what the camera is seeing.

When the iPad is the second screen, I'm using an iPhone on the primary remote.

Thanks in advance.

Clarkee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When using the iPad on the primary controller when flying solo, the image is always fine.

When the iPad is used on the Slave controller for my second to operate the camera, it glitches loads.

Thanks in advance.

Clarkee.

Please use the search facility on the forum - this has been covered many times before.
Known issue on the slave remote and has been since the Inspire was released 2 years ago. It is a hardware issue that has never been addressed.

Apologies.

No worries - it's just been covered lots of times previously. :)

Unfortunately it is a hardware issue caused by the proximity of the 5.8ghz antenna nodes interleaved with the 2.4ghz ones printed onto the same PCB on the Inspire antennas.
It has always caused issues with the slave remote with every version of firmware. :(

Reactions: CL6RKEE

Thanks in advance.

Clarkee.

You don't say if this is a recent thing but I've always had it to some extent though it seems to have got worse in the last couple of months which suggests firmware / GO updates may have contributed.
There is however a design issue which contributes to glitchy slave video and I suspect if you swap your iPhone and iPad around then the iPhone video (on the slave) will become the glitchy one and the iPad will be fine (I suggest you give it a try).

As I understand it, both the master and slave controllers take their video signal directly from the aircraft using a 2.4GHz signal but communicate with each other using a 5.8GHz signal. The positioning of the 2.4GHz receiver in the RC is not ideal and it gets 'swamped' by the 5.8GHz causing the video to break up / freeze / disappear. I'm not sure why the slave suffers and not the master, but it seems to be the case.

When this happens instinct is to bring the two RCs closer but this accentuates the problem, it's better to move further apart. Also to ensure you have the strongest link with the aircraft, try adjusting the position of your antennae and the angle of your iPad - it may be shielding the signal to some degree.

Sorry I can't offer a fix but I hope this helps to explain the probable root cause of your problem.

Reactions: CL6RKEE
You don't say if this is a recent thing but I've always had it to some extent though it seems to have got worse in the last couple of months which suggests firmware / GO updates may have contributed.
There is however a design issue which contributes to glitchy slave video and I suspect if you swap your iPhone and iPad around then the iPhone video (on the slave) will become the glitchy one and the iPad will be fine (I suggest you give it a try).

As I understand it, both the master and slave controllers take their video signal directly from the aircraft using a 2.4GHz signal but communicate with each other using a 5.8GHz signal. The positioning of the 2.4GHz receiver in the RC is not ideal and it gets 'swamped' by the 5.8GHz causing the video to break up / freeze / disappear. I'm not sure why the slave suffers and not the master, but it seems to be the case.

When this happens instinct is to bring the two RCs closer but this accentuates the problem, it's better to move further apart. Also to ensure you have the strongest link with the aircraft, try adjusting the position of your antennae and the angle of your iPad - it may be shielding the signal to some degree.

Sorry I can't offer a fix but I hope this helps to explain the probable root cause of your problem.
Ah - the Editor got there before me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc