Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Custom Paint Job...Maybe, lol...

Reaction score
So it has been raining a lot here in Texas. Can't fly. So I decided to try and custom color my Inspire 1 today. Here's a pic of the 1st skim coat. Hopefully it will work out well. Auto paint with etching primer for adhesion. I'll post when it's done. Yeah, I was lazy...didn't wanna take the top canopy off the gps mount or whatever, lol.

IMG_1299.JPG

Finished body and batteries. Camera housing next. No photoshop. Just an iPhone shot.IMG_1301.JPG

Finished body and batteries. Camera housing next. No photoshop. Just an iPhone shot.View attachment 15538
Okay..... That looks very sleek! I think it's about time I tried my hand at painting mine. I was thinking of doing a carbon fibre dip, but can't seem to find a place to take my Inspire to here in the UK for that service.

Okay..... That looks very sleek! I think it's about time I tried my hand at painting mine. I was thinking of doing a carbon fibre dip, but can't seem to find a place to take my Inspire to here in the UK for that service.
Thanks! Hydrodipping is really cool. I live in Dallas, TX (US) and lots of car guys custom parts that way. I actually resto cars on the side and have done paint and body for a lot of years on the side. However, this is just a can of auto spray paint with an etching primer underneath so it doesn't flake or peel, etc. as easily. I think it will show up a little better in a light sky with the dark color. And what the hey, I like it, lol!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vapehere