Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

inspire 1 flying over a valcano

Is the Tx on the slave set to Auto channel selection, if not do that. The 5.8gHz is only between Tx's and not the Inspire.
Yea, it is. I have not changed anything on the channel side of things, don't know enough about it yet.

Okay cool, so my transmitter is the only connection to the Inspire 1 and the slave connects to me for the video signal and gimbal control?

Hi Blade Strike

Can you have a look at my post above and let me know how i can improve the slave feed? Am i correct in saying the slave transmitter runs on 5ghz and the master runs on 2.4ghz?

No, The slave receives it's video over 2.4Hgz as well. Is the camera op pointing at the craft as well?

No, The slave receives it's video over 2.4Hgz as well. Is the camera op pointing at the craft as well?
Yes i was. At most the Inspire was 70' to my left or right but i always prefer to face the drone. The wifi was not disabled on the iPad which was connected to the slave transmitter, i know it is on the same frequency but it was not connected to a network. Would it have affected the signal even though the drone was not far away?

I am going to try another flight in the next day or two if i get time, i am also keen to try the HDMI feed. Will it work out of the master transmitter or only out the slave transmitter?

Yes i was. At most the Inspire was 70' to my left or right but i always prefer to face the drone. The wifi was not disabled on the iPad which was connected to the slave transmitter, i know it is on the same frequency but it was not connected to a network. Would it have affected the signal even though the drone was not far away?

I am going to try another flight in the next day or two if i get time, i am also keen to try the HDMI feed. Will it work out of the master transmitter or only out the slave transmitter?

I would try to change the slave to master and master to slave, see if the problem follows that TX. Both can output to an HDMI source.

I would try to change the slave to master and master to slave, see if the problem follows that TX. Both can output to an HDMI source.

Hi Blade,
I gave it a try and I am still getting major drop out at about 50 meters. I am also getting the compass error after take off and my gimbal struggles to maintain it's horizon. I have re calibrated the compass on every flight and I have calibrated the IMU a few times to make sure.

Could all this symptoms be related?

That is not normal. I would contact DJI on Tuesday when the are open again. I have two Inspires one with a single Tx and one with two. Neither of them have your issue.

Ah nuts, We did our first flight with dual controller and were getting drop outs on the video feed.... I was hoping it was just the area we were in, but now i am not so sure.

Wow, tremendous footage. Imagine how hot it must be if you are melting gear at 380'. Think about what you could shoot if the Inspire had a modest zoom lens.

That is not normal. I would contact DJI on Tuesday when the are open again. I have two Inspires one with a single Tx and one with two. Neither of them have your issue.
Hey Tahoe,

Thanks for the feedback, sorry only read it now. I will do one or two more flights and wait for the firmware update which i know is imminent. See if that make s a difference then take it rom there. Is there an ETA on the firmware that you know of?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reubenmarie