Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pro vs. Inspire 2 (X4s)

Inspire 1 Pro (X5) or Inspire 2 (X4s)

• Inspire 1 Pro (X5)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Inspire 2 (X4s)

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a question for some fellow drone pilots. Looking to upgrade my drone. I'm working with a P3 Advanced. Really happy with how that drone has performed but I'm looking for a more professional system. I'm stuck between the DJI Inspire 1 Pro with the X5 camera and the Inspire 2 with the X4s. There's a lot of pros to the Inspire 2 but I'm worried about the camera. It's basically the same as the P4 Pro. I'm not sure if the 1" sensor is going to give me what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, the X5s is out of my price range. I'm using the drones for real estate, construction, property development, and hopefully news broadcasting.

Any suggestions?

I'll attach my pros and cons list below.

Thank you in advanced!

-JakeIMG_3579.JPG

When I am faced with these issues I first look at support and reliability. Which bird has been around longest and has a track history for reliability? Not meant as a putdown of I2, it's still too new.
"I'm using the drones for real estate, construction, property development, and hopefully news broadcasting." Is X4s footage really going to be that much better in quality over the X5 for these activities. I doubt it. The whole sensor thing is a nonissue with me, as I take my flying seriously and fly from TO to landing, not rely on sensors to do it for me. If you fly in extreme cold the heating doodad may be nice to have. I fly in AZ. Speed? I don't fly in races. Longer flight time is always nice. Having said this if $179 is the only difference in price then why not the I2?
Just my 2_cents.gif

Reactions: Pescatoral Pursuit
Hello all,
I have a question for some fellow drone pilots. Looking to upgrade my drone. I'm working with a P3 Advanced. Really happy with how that drone has performed but I'm looking for a more professional system. I'm stuck between the DJI Inspire 1 Pro with the X5 camera and the Inspire 2 with the X4s. There's a lot of pros to the Inspire 2 but I'm worried about the camera. It's basically the same as the P4 Pro. I'm not sure if the 1" sensor is going to give me what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, the X5s is out of my price range. I'm using the drones for real estate, construction, property development, and hopefully news broadcasting.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advanced!

-JakeView attachment 12630
Add the P4P to this comparison. If $$$ play a big role in your decision you may want to consider it.

Hello all,

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advanced!

-JakeView attachment 12630
Dilemma: Which to chose Inspire 1 V2 Pro or Inspire 2 with X4S
Inspire 2 v Inspire 1 Pro v Inspire 2 Pro (?????)

Hey dude. I just went through the same thing. In fact my thread was mentioned here. :) With the help of
EDDSkitz, and Bluelight.support, I came to the conclusion that the I2 would be better for me because: 1. Two batteries. 2. Two batteries. 3. See numbers 1, and 2. 4. A new airframe where as the I1 is ending its end of life. I am a photographer and use pro gear (Nikon D810, Nikon D500 and all pro glass). I am more then satisfied with that I suspect the quality would be with the X4S. A good friend who teaches optics physics here in Finland looked at the specs and he was very impressed and also suggested the image quality would be very good. The X5S is great if you plan to really get down and buy lenses. I was using a M4/3 system and I can say, those lenses are very expensive. I was leaning towards the I1 until the gents I mentioned jumped in and helped me to make my decision. If I were you, I would go I2.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Hey dude. I just went through the same thing. In fact my thread was mentioned here. :) With the help of
EDDSkitz, and Bluelight.support, I came to the conclusion that the I2 would be better for me because: 1. Two batteries. 2. Two batteries. 3. See numbers 1, and 2. 4. A new airframe where as the I1 is ending its end of life. I am a photographer and use pro gear (Nikon D810, Nikon D500 and all pro glass). I am more then satisfied with that I suspect the quality would be with the X4S. A good friend who teaches optics physics here in Finland looked at the specs and he was very impressed and also suggested the image quality would be very good. The X5S is great if you plan to really get down and buy lenses. I was using a M4/3 system and I can say, those lenses are very expensive. I was leaning towards the I1 until the gents I mentioned jumped in and helped me to make my decision. If I were you, I would go I2.
Glad my grumpy butt could be of assistance!

Reactions: deltalimatango
The general consensus is the x5 is a better camera for taking stills- Better sensor, better lens.

And the X4S is a better camera for video because it it's capable of 100mbps recording speed as opposed to 60mbps limit on the x5 system.

As far as the platforms, there's still plenty of glitches with the I1. The factory has done with the I2 what can be done aftermarket w the I1 with the exception of obstacle avoidance, and that may also be possible. With dual controller capability you can add an fpv camera to your I1 to seamlessly divide drone/ camera operator duties. Something it appears dji dropped to pursue more lucrative opportunities, like integrating it into a newer platform instead, imo. It is also incredibly easy to add auxiliary batteries to the I1 for longer flight times. If money is no object, (kind of like some big spenders in similar posts) the I2 is the obvious choice, also if your use is mostly uhd video-centric. Other than that, the I1 is a highly upgradable, and still a high quality item, at a great bargain.

Except that the dual batteries aren't for longer flight time.
The I2 is faster, better motors, etc.
And any integration you do is still devoid of telemetry and connection.

The I1 is a great bird, but in no way can it be upgraded to compete with the two. And once the aftermarket makes stuff for the I2, shows over there.

Real world application makes functionality of factory upgrades on the I2, and aftermarket upgrades on the I1 virtually identical. Are you going to race your I2? You will lose to cheaper, faster drones. If not, then a few extra mph is irrelevant.

Once you set aside the real-world differences of the camera's recording speed, it comes down to the cost/ upgradability coefficient, and the I1 is a competitive platform in that respect.

The OP appeared to be interested in an apples to apples comparison. Unless you live on the cutting edge of technology, (which is great that some do, it benefits everyone in the long run) no amount of "third party stuff arriving" for the I2 is going to stop the I1 from being a great flyer, and picture/ video taker.

The OP appeared to be interested in an apples to apples comparison. Unless you live on the cutting edge of technology, (which is great that some do, it benefits everyone in the long run) no amount of "third party stuff arriving" for the I2 is going to stop the I1 from being a great flyer, and picture/ video taker.

You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. I can appreciate how you feel but what you say does not equate to it being factual.

Real world application makes functionality of factory upgrades on the I2, and aftermarket upgrades on the I1 virtually identical. Are you going to race your I2? You will lose to cheaper, faster drones. If not, then a few extra mph is irrelevant.

Once you set aside the real-world differences of the camera's recording speed, it comes down to the cost/ upgradability coefficient, and the I1 is a competitive platform in that respect.
Except let's see those UAV's provide quality footage of race cars...
You really aren't well versed enough to be speaking on the matter, proofed by your statements. Stick to opinions, instead of spreading untruths as facts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stijn_vandenbussche@hotma