Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 RAW with X5 gimbal: error message "lens not connected" when trying to focus

Reaction score
Hello,

I finally bought a lens "Panasonic LUMIX G Lens, 14mm, F2.5 II ASPH., Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds, H-H014AK" and Im having issues where it does not focus. Tried manual focus a bunch of times and only got it to work on 1 flight where i could see buildings and stuff and actually fly it. Auto focus and trying to calibrate is useless. Not sure what im missing. When i tap on the screen to an object i wish to focus on, it tries to focus, but then the eorror message "lens not connected" appears, accompanied by a clicking sound from the lens/gibal (im assuming its the gold pins unlocking and reconnecting). The lens always reconnects though. Firmware is updated. Thanks for any help!

Reactions: Fina
Hello,

I finally bought a lens "Panasonic LUMIX G Lens, 14mm, F2.5 II ASPH., Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds, H-H014AK" and Im having issues where it does not focus. Tried manual focus a bunch of times and only got it to work on 1 flight where i could see buildings and stuff and actually fly it. Auto focus and trying to calibrate is useless. Not sure what im missing. When i tap on the screen to an object i wish to focus on, it tries to focus, but then the eorror message "lens not connected" appears, accompanied by a clicking sound from the lens/gibal (im assuming its the gold pins unlocking and reconnecting). The lens always reconnects though. Firmware is updated. Thanks for any help!
This sounds like dirty contacts to me. Clean all the lens/body contacts meticulously. Let me know if this helps.

D

You are not wrong haha. I am sorry.

Cleaning the contacts worked though! I used a cotton Q-tip lightly wetted with 70% alcohol. Cleaned the contact pins on the camera, gimbal, and copper contacts on the gimbal mount circuit board. As well as the outer ring where the lens screws in.

Thank you sir.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveamelia102