Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Remote Drains Too Quickly

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Is this normal? I can't remember if I charged it full the first time I got the remote and Inspire 2 months ago. I tried draining it to 7% and charged to full. Didn't do anything to help the issue. With a full charge, it'll drop to 80% or mid 80%'s within 5-6 flights. Anyone else experiencing this?

Same here and I don't think that this not normal. 80% is good after 120 minutes of flights + pre and after flight stuff.

Remember it is a Lipo and you have to treat it this way (storage load etc)

Chris

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
So your remote drains quick too? I drained my battery to 7% 2 days ago. You think I should try and drain it completely until it shuts off and see if it helps? I charged it full just now. DJI reads the battery % at 98%. Not sure why it's not showing 100% :S

No, I think having 80% after 5 or 6 flights is ok. After the flight your RC was at least 2hrs switched on + it charged your mobile device or tablet. To be honest I never checked the exact battery status of the RC , just the LEDs.

Chris

No, I think having 80% after 5 or 6 flights is ok. After the flight your RC was at least 2hrs switched on + it charged your mobile device or tablet. To be honest I never checked the exact battery status of the RC , just the LEDs.

Chris
Oh so it's okay how it's behaving? I just noticed it drain quicker than the Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 RC's. When I had the P3P RC, that thing lasted forever. This Inspire RC, doesn't last as long. Maybe it's doing more processing than what we see in the Phantom RC's?

Yeah maybe we should wait what others are saying. I never really paid attention to it as I thought the battery consumption is reasonable.
Know knows, maybe you are right:)

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
Is this normal? I can't remember if I charged it full the first time I got the remote and Inspire 2 months ago. I tried draining it to 7% and charged to full. Didn't do anything to help the issue. With a full charge, it'll drop to 80% or mid 80%'s within 5-6 flights. Anyone else experiencing this?
Normal.
How much time do you expect out of it?
6x14mins = roughly 90 min flight time (give or take)
Multiply that by three and you would be in the air for around four and a half hours and you would still have 40% of RC battery left.
Another 90 mins in the air would put you at 6 hours flight time and still have 20% remote battery left!!!!

Normal.
How much time do you expect out of it?
6x14mins = roughly 90 min flight time
Multiply that by three and you would be in the air for around four and a half hours and you would still have 40% of RC battery left.
Another 90 mins in the air would put you at 6 hours flight time and still have 20% remote battery left!!!!
Lmao I was just curious on why it drains quicker than the Phantom 3/4 RC's. That's all. When I had the P3P RC, that thing was like a cockroach. Charged it once, and lasted me forever lol

Lmao I was just curious on why it drains quicker than the Phantom 3/4 RC's. That's all. When I had the P3P RC, that thing was like a cockroach. Charged it once, and lasted me forever lol
The Inspire has the Lightbridge AND the 5.8ghz slave/master link so draws slightly more current.
I would say 6 hours flight/use is pretty good.
Never been an issue for me on any job or days flying I have done.

The Inspire has the Lightbridge AND the 5.8ghz slave/master link so draws slightly more current.
I would say 6 hours flight/use is pretty good.
Never been an issue for me on any job or days flying I have done.
Oh I see, well that explains it. Question, why when I fully charged it, it finished, but shows 98% in the app. Do I need to drain this RC completely until it shuts off, then charge it back up?

Oh I see, well that explains it. Question, why when I fully charged it, it finished, but shows 98% in the app. Do I need to drain this RC completely until it shuts off, then charge it back up?
No - they do not need calibrating.
You have just lost circa 2% of your RC Lipo capacity so 120mAh from 6,000.
Lipos decrease in capacity with age - it's just a fact of life.
Using the calculation above you may have lost 7 minutes of RC battery out of 6 hours!!
Not really an issue.

No - they do not need calibrating.
You have just lost circa 2% of your RC Lipo capacity so 120mAh from 6,000.
Lipos decrease in capacity with age - it's just a fact of life.
Using the calculation above you may have lost 7 minutes of RC battery out of 6 hours!!
Not really an issue.
Oh I see... that's not bad. But how come it won't charge up to 100% though. Why stop at 98% charge. So basically it'll eventually stop charging at 60% and won't go further? I just don't see why it won't just display 100% charge even though I lost 2% of life. The Inspire batteries show 100% charge even when the health reads 92%

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild2Game