Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

inspire 1 v1 with x3 for USD$850 and goodies worth it ?

Reaction score
Hi all just looking for some opinions...I have a local club member selling his Inspire 1 v1 and goodies. he is holding it for me at USD$850.00

comes with....

DJI Inspire 1 v.1.0 with x3 cam

Tradecraft case(does not need to be in storage mode), battery, 2 chargers, usb cables, 2 sets of blades, latest firmware, never crashed, excellent condition.

Others I've spoke too that know the seller and says it's in perfect condition... Anyone more familiar with DJi know if it's still viable...is this worth the price with v2 out now? Anything I should look into?

I fly a dji naza m v2 in a qav500...and the one issue I have with dji is how proprietary they are and, with my Naza mv2 flight controller...no longer supported or really updated by DJI , this is just something I'm concerned about with this possible purchase. As far as use , I'm just planning on useing this for my own drone/fpv hobbies...family/ flying club events videos/pics. If I need a better cam I could upgrade to the x3 or x5 down the road??
Also I'd never spend USD$2000.00+ on a new platform..so this just seemed like a steal..just want to make sure I'm not jumping on something dead
thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all just looking for some opinions...I have a local club member selling his Inspire 1 v1 and goodies. he is holding it for me at 850.00

comes with....

Tradecraft case(does not need to be in storage mode), battery, 2 chargers, usb cables, 2 sets of blades, latest firmware, never crashed, excellent condition.

Others I've spoke too that know the seller and says it's in perfect condition... Anyone more familiar with DJi know if it's still viable...is this worth the price with v2 out now? Anything I should look into?

I fly a dji naza m v2 in a qav500...and the one issue I have with dji is how proprietary they are and, with my Naza mv2 flight controller...no longer supported or really updated by DJI , this is just something I'm concerned about with this possible purchase. As far as use , I'm just planning on useing this for my own drone/fpv hobbies...family/ flying club events videos/pics. If I need a better cam I could upgrade to the x3 or x5 down the road??
Also I'd never spend 2000.00+ on a new platform..so this just seemed like a steal..just want to make sure I'm not jumping on something dead
thanks!
850 what? Chinese Yen? Australian dollars?
British pounds?

Hi all just looking for some opinions...I have a local club member selling his Inspire 1 v1 and goodies. he is holding it for me at 850.00

comes with....

Also I'd never spend 2000.00+ on a new platform..so this just seemed like a steal..just want to make sure I'm not jumping on something dead
thanks!
That's an awesome deal in USD even if you have to buy a battery or two. Just fly it to make sure there are not issues before you part with your cash. I have 2 I1 V1's, one upgraded to a V2 and they fly great!

its usd. but I think for my needs, with the amount ...a maverick pro would see more flight time. .and with all the dji press...may be more wise to wait for the maverick 2

You'll spend 12-1300 on the MAVIC 2 when it comes out. Really all it depends on is what you want to do with it. Seems the Mavic 2 will have interchangeable cameras. BUT we will see on that.

its usd. but I think for my needs, with the amount ...a maverick pro would see more flight time. .and with all the dji press...may be more wise to wait for the maverick 2
I have now edited your thread title and OP to reflect this fact - please remember this is an international forum.

Thank You

You'll spend 12-1300 on the MAVIC 2 when it comes out. Really all it depends on is what you want to do with it. Seems the Mavic 2 will have interchangeable cameras. BUT we will see on that.
yes I'm sure it will cost around that...I have the $850.00 on hand...but by the time the mav2 comes out I should have the rest. If it does have modular camera support...I know I'd love that and will pay the extra for it. I'm fearing, with the onset of new tech... I'll be stuck with hard to find parts, and less support if I jump on the mac pro deals I'm seeing. I'm not in a rush. Have my naza m v2 platform and mini freestule quads to hold me over.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a good price. You will definitely love the inspire. But if you are in no hurry I would hold off and see what they release.

Hi all just looking for some opinions...I have a local club member selling his Inspire 1 v1 and goodies. he is holding it for me at USD$850.00

comes with....

Also I'd never spend USD$2000.00+ on a new platform..so this just seemed like a steal..just want to make sure I'm not jumping on something dead
thanks!
The $850 is a good price, I use eBay as a bench mark due to the density of the listing more indicating than a private listing. The price on the I1v1 or I1v2 are indicating higher now than Spring, there must be an eb&flow of Buyers at different times of year which effects price. In the Spring, $700-950 would normally get a I1v2 with 2-3 batteries, X3 Camera, stock case, and maybe a few extras with an avg being $800-850. Currently the asking price is much higher $900-1400 for similar kit... although haven't been watching lately so not sure if they are moving & selling. The extra Case your kit includes adds value if you're wanting a nice case. If you're needing batteries, the TB48's best price is FL Drone Supply... on the forum and own Web site.

You mentioned the "V2" out now... wasn't sure if you realized there is a I1v1 and I1v2 and a new platform I2. The I1v2 has been out for sometime, it was a safety, reliability, camera platform and performance update. To update a I1 to I1v2, would cost much more than purchasing a clean used I1v2. The I2, would be a substantial jump well above the $2000 mentioned. The I1v2 would allow you to swap freely all I1 cameras: X3, Z3, X5(R), and XT(R). The I1v1 would require a v2 Gimbal mount update and technically the stronger v2 motors.

The I1v2 platform is a older platform that has endured years due to it's overall reliable performance and compatibility to meet many different UAV specialties... many the I2 can not meet and requires a Matrice 200 or 600 series to perform.

It's a solid performer... basically a no-frills stable, durable fast platform... with an X5R and XT R it provides close comparable offerings of the newer high priced models. Over it's life, it's gained such a strong following in both Pilots and 3rd Party components that I doubt it'll be fading to the dust closet for sometime.

On the I1, MP, MA an soon to discover M2P... they all have their benefits.
If you're doing Weddings or wildlife, audio may be a primary consideration to not disturb or bother; The best of in the DJI lineup is the Mavic Pro with quite props or Mavic Pro Platinum. If you're wanting to use higher quality, multiple FOV, or focal power, the MFT lenses on a I1v2 X5 or X5R would be best option. Then again, if you're into cycling or packing into the backcountry, the MP or MA small foldable size is primary.

My small fractional cents worth... my stable includes all mentioned above plus Yuneec. I personally find the Mavic Pro the best small, packable, quick to launch option. The Mavic Air is way to loud and high pitch and doesn't have as reliable RC as MP... it blips out more often than all of them. The I1v2 with Z3 is another favorite on quick to launch versatile platform.

The Inspire 1 is a very good platform to invest with a minimal amount of funds. You'll enjoy the Inspire 1, but keep your eyes open for a super buy on Mavic Pro to add to collection when the M2P is released.

Yup for my uses..I think I'm gonna wait until the maverick 2 is announced and decide between that and a pro.

I have an Inspire 1 v1d and a Mavic Pro. When it comes to the 4k resolution and smoothness of the footage Mavic Pro is not comparable to inspire 1’s 4k camera. Inspire 1 is just super smooth and crisp especially when watching my drone footages on my 75 inch 4k tv, you can really see the difference. Even my wife who doesn’t know anything about drones can tell the difference which was shot with my inspire 1 and which was shot with my Mavic Pro. There’s really not much difference between mavic 2 and Mavic Pro except the camera is more like the mavic Air camera and has rear obstacle sensors, i don’t think it’s worth the money for just those little things. it’s just Dji’s way for us to spend More money on their products. If you already have the Mavic Pro I’ll keep it but if you’re just buying your first drone and if the price difference is not huge then buy the mavic 2 but ill tell you the Mavic Pro is still the king of compact foldable 4k drones just look at the price difference now between the mavic Air and Mavic Pro . People are selling their mavic Air like hot cakes.

Reactions: Lifted Chevy
I have an Inspire 1 v1d and a Mavic Pro. When it comes to the 4k resolution and smoothness of the footage Mavic Pro is not comparable to inspire 1’s 4k camera. Inspire 1 is just super smooth and crisp especially when watching my drone footages on my 75 inch 4k tv, you can really see the difference. Even my wife who doesn’t know anything about drones can tell the difference which was shot with my inspire 1 and which was shot with my Mavic Pro. There’s really not much difference between mavic 2 and Mavic Pro except the camera is more like the mavic Air camera and has rear obstacle sensors, i don’t think it’s worth the money for just those little things. it’s just Dji’s way for us to spend More money on their products. If you already have the Mavic Pro I’ll keep it but if you’re just buying your first drone and if the price difference is not huge then buy the mavic 2 but ill tell you the Mavic Pro is still the king of compact foldable 4k drones just look at the price difference now between the mavic Air and Mavic Pro . People are selling their mavic Air like hot cakes.

Yup for my uses..I think I'm gonna wait until the maverick 2 is announced and decide between that and a pro.

I'd agree the I1 can produce better video. It's interesting and great to hear you found the X3 to be superior to the Mavic when the cameras are very similar in specs. I do recall the Mavic took a little adjustment to config up to optimal settings, and the tap focus if not to set infinity can soften the image. I have an X3, but don't use it over the Z3 so I can crop a bit when desired. The one thing I do enjoy on the X3/Z3 is the fixed focal and not needing the tap focus or infinity setup over my X5 and X5R.

There was a nice comparison if CSWan821 or others might find interesting when considering their options. It did a nice comparison of the Mavic, I1 X3 and Phanton.
DJI Mavic Pro Review - Quality Compared to Phantom 4 & Inspire 1 | cinema5D

The Mavic 2 has been rumored with several different configurations... personally I think they've delayed release to slightly modify features to draw attention from the Autel EVO... a practice DJI has done several times with other competitor's new releases quite successfully too! That indicates we may see a slightly different config than rumored.

One thing for certain, the Mavic 2 Pro will create a sell off of used MP's if it's an improvement as Buyers want the newest hi-tech. The Mavic Air was one of the few that I saw the initial surge then the recoil as some weren't overly happy with the Mavic Air. If looking for a MP, I'd wait for MP2 release to reap a good MP buy.

I first purchased the P3P and then the Mavic Pro and now I have the Inspire 1. The Phantom 3 footage is cleaner then the Mavic and the Inspire footage is better then them both. I am new to camera ships but can easily tell the difference. That’s a great deal. I purchased my Inspire from Florida Drone Supply for that amount and couldn’t be happier.

Last edited:
Reactions: AerialVisions

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu